Author Topic: WUSHU Rock and Roll Play by Post  (Read 40003 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: WUSHU Rock and Roll Play by Post
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:51 PM »
Can I just be "The Talent" instead of taking the drums as a trait...lol

So you want to be Neil Peart to our respective Rush?

Actually I was already thinking about having him worship Neil Peart...as most drummers do.

Also I am going to try to emulate one of my buddies to a certain extent, he plays the drums and I like his performance style.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »
Just saw this, I'd be willing to jump in as the rhythm-guitarist/vocalist if there's still spots.

ALSO ALSO ALSO the fucking mandolin.

Go for it, but to be a team player you may want to be a backup vocalist dreaming of being the star of the show.  Nothing like some good old party conflict.  Anyhoo, game looks like its shaping up to be pretty awsome ;D

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
Can you do a quite rules demonstration for my retarded selfs benefit? Just so I understand what the deal is. I read the rules but I feel like i need to see it in action to really understand.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »
Can you do a quite rules demonstration for my retarded selfs benefit? Just so I understand what the deal is. I read the rules but I feel like i need to see it in action to really understand.

Listen to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen '88, Saving the World Through Dodgeball, or my group's Rock Band Zombie Apocalypse.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
I listened to the first half an hour of the leauge 88 game and I kinda get it, I 'lllisten to more today after work, but i am pretty interested in the idea so far.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:53:50 PM by Flawless P »

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
Don't take League '88 to be the representative sample.  There were margaritas involved.  It is, like all other games, a fairly good way to learn the rules.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 04:37:16 AM »
Our band name should be "The Screaming Pelicans."

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
Our band name should be "The Screaming Pelicans."

I'm down with that name.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »
Before I make my first post I am just wondering, who plays what instruments... like offcially.
I know I was taking on the role of drummer.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:35 AM »
I submitted this to Addled GM, and he made it sound like the rest of you had characters, so I just started playing along.  Here's my character and what the party knows of him.

Mike Benton, Age 25 (Lead Guitar):

It is said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become a genius at your chosen craft.  Mike Benton is proof of this and more.  Since the age of 10, this aspiring Chicago guitarist has practiced 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.  In short, all of his free time is devoted to perfecting the craft.

Every session, Mike will play approximately 40,000 notes and speak less than 5 words.  Because of this ritual practice, Mike doesn't know too many people outside the band, and doesn't relate too well even with the people in the band because they don't understand "The Music."  He's willing to put up with the other members (and be somewhat friendly) because they practice the craft, but he doesn't exactly respect anyone who doesn't worship it

Mike never went to college, and didn't exactly wow his teachers in High School.  However, his father was an auto mechanic, and managed to get him a job at his local garage.  While Mike wasn't as enthusiastic about auto repair and maintenance as he was the guitar, he learned quickly enough and developed a fairly rounded knowledge of the subject.  He was fired after some family trouble.  He would later get a stocking job at a local record shop ("Izzy's Broken Record") to support his basic living expenses (namely for the broken down home the band lives in).

Obsessive Guitar Skills: 5
Reluctant Machine Repair Skills: 4
Heavy Lifting: 3

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
So far I have seen and approved two characters.  I figured that I might as well start the game given the fact that this PbP forum seems to be a ghost town most of the time. Sorry I forgot to post that here. 

The first scene is on the forum already
http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=1050.0

If you have any questions drop me a PM.  Post a description of your character here.  The game is still young so any new arrivals are welcome.  Thanks for checking out this game.   

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Ernest Matthews - Age 26 (Drums)

How do you get a drummer off your front porch? Pay him for the Pizza! *Rimshot*

Ernest Matthews learned to play the drums about 13 years ago, he was taught by his Uncle while staying with him for a summer. He took to the Drums like a fish takes to water or how his father takes to corney sayings like that.

He works at a Pizza place in town because he likes the tips and the flexible hours, his primary duty is to deliver the pizzas and he has been known to get people their food in record times.

He does have one other hobby beyond drumming and that is photography he has entered many art competitions at the local JC he attends and has won several.

His drum set is pretty old but he keeps it in good repair, the only thing you would find amiss is that his drum stool looks like it went through Vietnam. He doesn't care however, no matter how uncomfertable it is, that is still his "Throne".

Drummer - 4

Driver - 4

Award Winning Photographer - 4

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:24:31 AM by Flawless P »

Q

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
I'd be interested in playing, if there's still room.  I saw a local band once that had a member who didn't play any instruments.  Instead, he wore a crazy costume and did fingerpainting to the music.  That's right, fingerpainting on a 6'x3' white canvas that had all sorts of wierd alien designs on it by the time the show was over.  I'm thinking of having a character like that, someone who entertains the audience in a non-musical way while the other band-members play.  What do you think?

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 12:54:04 AM »
I'd be interested in playing, if there's still room.  I saw a local band once that had a member who didn't play any instruments.  Instead, he wore a crazy costume and did fingerpainting to the music.  That's right, fingerpainting on a 6'x3' white canvas that had all sorts of wierd alien designs on it by the time the show was over.  I'm thinking of having a character like that, someone who entertains the audience in a non-musical way while the other band-members play.  What do you think?

You should play a reject from Blue Man Group.

Q

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
That has some odd appeal!  What do you think, GM?  Should I whip up a character?