Author Topic: WUSHU Rock and Roll Play by Post  (Read 40002 times)

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: WUSHU Rock and Roll Play by Post
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
I'd be interested in playing, if there's still room.  I saw a local band once that had a member who didn't play any instruments.  Instead, he wore a crazy costume and did fingerpainting to the music.  That's right, fingerpainting on a 6'x3' white canvas that had all sorts of wierd alien designs on it by the time the show was over.  I'm thinking of having a character like that, someone who entertains the audience in a non-musical way while the other band-members play.  What do you think?

In the true spirit of WUSHU i'll give each of the players already in the game a vote as to whether this fits their collective "idea" of the genre that we're shooting for.  PM me a yay or nay on the "improvisation artist." 

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: WUSHU Rock and Roll Play by Post
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 02:39:51 AM »
OH SHIT guys, I just saw this was still going. I'm sorry, I forgot all about this.

Here's my character:

Jeffery Benton -Aged 23 (The Fucking Mandolin, Back-Up Vocals)

Who plays the Mandolin? I mean, really!
Jeff comes from a long line of Mandolin players, stretching back to his Great-Great-Grandpa Jonathan Benton. The day he turned 13 he was handed his father's Mandolin, and told to treat it with the same reverence he'd treat his own mother.

Jeff, being one who hates "adult" work, only attended community college and has never held a real job. Instead, he has pan-handled on the streets of whatever city it is we are based in from the day he received his Mandolin.

Jeff comes from a community of musical people, and thus is probably the band's connection to the music scene/responsible for getting gigs set up.

Those Quick Bluegrass Fingers - 5

Getting Gigs - 4

Panhandling - 3

"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."