Author Topic: Help us pick The Best of RPPR!  (Read 74242 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Help us pick The Best of RPPR!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
Ideas, will check for time codes later tonight:

Locke playing the priest of Pelor (like a televangelist) to (I think) convince what's his name to take the boat 1:45ish-1:55:30ish (meat of the bit starts at about 1:48:30/1:51) NWC 28 7/12/2010 (In reviewing this scene, I forgot how great Ross and Dan did as well)

The chaos in planning the destruction of the phylactery in the town hall

(Not sure about this one)  I seem to recall something amusing regarding convincing the water spirit and fire spirit to wed.  Maybe it was just their impersonation of the water spirit.

I think this was from the main podcast (it could be from another since I was checking out several at the time), sometime two years ago or so you each made up RPG scenarios based on 4-5 elements that the other came up with

Really short segment, but from the Santa Claus MaOCT, the bit where one of the players was flustered and swore, not being sure what to say and you took that as in game dialogue

Meeting up of the 1980s LoEG 10:00-15:00-ish 5/15/2010

Tom's rant as a velociraptor in the Wushu dodgeball game (about how humiliating it was to pretend to be unable to open a door)

The April Fools game for CoC (maybe can just do the whole thing) Call of Cthulhu - Wrath of Cthulhu Game 73 4/1/2009

Cody talking to the lunch ladies in the Arcadia Signal game

The fight in the hotel in the Cyberpunk game

Something from Tom's crazy character in the GURPS yakuza game (I don't remember much about the scene, but I think there was one where he took a guy's head and paraded around with it, or something of the like)

The gremlin fight in the 1980s LoEG game 17:00-33:30-ish problem finished, some distractions, then plan to wrap up from 35-39 5/15/2010

The "Is that a tree on that badge encounter" in the Candle Cove game

Talking about the skinheads/shooting on the roof/jumping on segways/the cinnaman/whatever else in the Night Cop game

There was another one with one of Tom's characters I can't remember

New World Gaiden 2: Talking to the spider "I'm allergic to health potions" 3:28:30-3:37-ish 10/7/2010

*All dates are the dates posted (from iTunes)

So that's what's off the top of my head, I'll look for more tonight when I go in depth for time codes.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:10:40 PM by Mckma »

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
In top ten books (I think), the whole CSI and BUFFY rant were pretty funny.

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
New World Stuffs:

Intro to Clockwork Mechanis and Tourguide Supervisor #35 - "Have you filled out the request form for the visitor's tour guide informational request form?"
New World Campaign #15 - 2:47:00 (approx) - 2:56:00

Mike's Interaction with the McSmasher Elder "Sorry, Elder McSmasher *snicker*"
"We see you have fashioned wooden contrivances"
"WOOD!"
New World Campaign 17 0:09:00 - 0:13:40
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:39:21 AM by crash2455 »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
No one has suggested Mike's epic "I shoot it with mah gun!" from Survival City yet?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
[spoiler=Slenderman AP]When the teenager tells them, "Oh you won't be around much longer."[/spoiler]

Shit gave me chills.

Also Lobster Masturbation, and basically all of The Bad Player is sound byte goodness.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 12:55:28 AM »
Guess I will have to be one of the coolkids and edit in the timestamps when I have access to an actual computer.

I'm surprised there's not that much love for Former President Martin van Buren, beyond Maze and myself. I literally could not stop laughing for thirty or so minutes after I heard FPMVB relay his origins. The conflict between The Blonde Asshole Curtis/Silver Surfer and FPMVB was hilarious as well. "I proclaim your shit to be weak."

Caleb's "Objectivist!" outbursts are pretty funny. Might need too much context for the format you have in mind, though. I bet you can use your "Fighter Stereotypes" rant from the latest Dark Sun episode as a transition or something.

As far as serious excerpts go, the founding of the Nation of Quetzacoatl is my favorite. So much descriptive imagery and symbolism. The Skintaker's appearence in the college library parking lot, complete with calliope music, is a close second. Oh, and anything involving Numbers Stations.

FPMVB VS TBAC/SS: 16:09-20:37
Ross VS Ayn Rand/Caleb 47:28-48:35
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:36:56 PM by iceemaker »
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:53 AM »
A Dirty World: Andrew's Fortune part 1

28:30 - 30:10

Aaron as a drug dealer. Best. Thing. Ever.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 01:36:49 AM »
Aaron's run of The Haunting

Character Intros - 0:00:00 - 0:06:15

Jason and Cody interaction - 0:14:55 - 0:21:15

Getting to the Haunted House - 0:45:30 - 0:51:30

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:19 AM »
Guess I will have to be one of the coolkids and edit in the timestamps when I have access to an actual computer.

I'm surprised there's not that much love for Former President Martin van Buren, beyond Maze and myself. I literally could not stop laughing for thirty or so minutes after I heard FPMVB relay his origins. The conflict between The Blonde Asshole Curtis/Silver Surfer and FPMVB was hilarious as well. "... and I proclaim your shit to be weak."

Caleb's "Objectivist!" outbursts are pretty funny. Might need too much context for the format you have in mind, though. I bet you can use your "Fighter Stereotypes" rant from the latest Dark Sun episode as a transition or something.

As far as serious excerpts go, the founding of the Nation of Quetzacoatl is my favorite. So much descriptive imagery and symbolism. The Skintaker's appearence in the college library parking lot, complete with calliope music, is a close second. Oh, and anything involving Numbers Stations.

I loved the van Buren bit as well, I just didn't think I needed to mention it again :P

I didn't get to timestamps/searching around tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow...

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:21 AM »
Someone should definitely put up pictures representing all of the pop culture references I made during the Martin Van Buren origin. Alex Mack, Dark Tower, She-Ra, Hordak, etc.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
There could also be animations accompanying the audio clips, something that passive-aggressively mocks the players (the animation stuttering during one of Aaron's "it's like" episodes or Caleb's character replaced by The Fountainhead/Atlas Shrugged at random points in the DS campaign) or literally depicts some of the more ridiculous moments (Mr. Kyle opening his coat and revealing a smaller man with a gun pointed at Cody's character, from Andrew's Fortune).
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
I think that the Ventrilo harassment style is fairly good too.  For anything not picture-worthy, just putting up the words as they're said seems to punch up the hilarity.

If we had more time/effort, something like this could be awesome.

Edit: The Yahtzee Croshaw school of spoken word videos could work too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:07:07 PM by crash2455 »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »
Animation takes time, especially since I am not a skilled or fast animator nor am I an artist. If you have any ideas on how to animate things very quickly and efficiently, I am happy to hear your suggestions but my goal is to push out a steady stream of content and the only way I will do that is if every individual post takes relatively little time.