Author Topic: possible New World roundtable episode?  (Read 11166 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
possible New World roundtable episode?
« on: November 30, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
New World is pretty much your flagship AP and there's a quite a few people who use it or borrow large portions of it in their games.   I was wondering Ross if you guys have given thought about doing an episode where you guys sit down and talk about what went into its creation, how the players shaped and what not.   Granted I'm running a version of the New World and I would love to get more insight but it could be a great example piece on world creation in general.   

Loved Epic Tier, episode 2.   After this latest ransom, are we going to be seeing one for the colonial civilization itself?

Maybe a ransom for all your New World notes?
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: possible New World roundtable episode?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »
Loved Epic Tier, episode 2.   After this latest ransom, are we going to be seeing one for the colonial civilization itself?

There has been some discussion between me about doing a New World Revolution supplement, but it's not confirmed.

One of the first things your players will probably want to do is declare independence from the mother country. As outlined in this beginning chapter, declaring independence is not as easy as writing up a list of wrongs inflicted upon the colonists in the game by the rulers of the mother country. In fact, declaring independence will require your players to perform a number of sophisticated political actions and negotiations.

For this reason, we start with this chapter in which we discuss the actions necessary for declaring independence. These actions include garnering support for the cause, declarations of independence as instruments of international law, gaining recognition as an independent nation-state, and, lastly, outlining wrongs inflicted upon the colonists. Note and remember that outlining wrongs appears last in this list and will appear last in the chapter. For a more complete game experience, you should feel free to direct your pesky players away from wanting to immediately come up with their list of wrongs.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:27:08 PM »
New World is pretty much your flagship AP and there's a quite a few people who use it or borrow large portions of it in their games.   I was wondering Ross if you guys have given thought about doing an episode where you guys sit down and talk about what went into its creation, how the players shaped and what not.   Granted I'm running a version of the New World and I would love to get more insight but it could be a great example piece on world creation in general.   

I would definately listen to this, the new world was one of my first AP experiances.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »

Sure, but my plan was to do that after I posted the last episode of the campaign.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
Yes make us wait.
We will wait.
and wait
and wait
and wait.

But you should make sure you have some better candy to replace the new world with before you do the big reveal, otherwise we will all leave.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:49 PM »
Yes make us wait.
We will wait.
and wait
and wait
and wait.

But you should make sure you have some better candy to replace the new world with before you do the big reveal, otherwise we will all leave.

I don't think everyone will - Cody will still be updating his threads after all.

Also, I appreciate, and always have, how you selectively quoted me from the Corrupt a Wish thread.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
Patrick, you better be in the round-table episode, especially since you are the intellectual powerhaus behind the New World.

Also, I am glad that you granted my wish. You don't know how many lamps I've rubbed hoping to become Tom.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
Yes make us wait.
We will wait.
and wait
and wait
and wait.

I don't think everyone will - Cody will still be updating his threads after all.

I'm confused. What do you mean by this?
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »

No hidden meaning there. It means what it says.

Patrick, you better be in the round-table episode, especially since you are the intellectual powerhaus behind the New World.

Not really. I created or helped create a few of the antagonists. Ross is just glad that I didn't play and takeover his colony through trade and price manipulation.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:45:53 PM by Setherick »

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
Yes make us wait.
We will wait.
and wait
and wait
and wait.

Cody, I think it means that if this were a dick measuring contest, Patrick is suggesting that he would win...

Just my interpretation...

:o
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 06:57:23 PM »
Yes make us wait.
We will wait.
and wait
and wait
and wait.

Cody, I think it means that if this were a dick measuring contest, Patrick is suggesting that he would win...

ahahaOHMAN them's rabble-rousing words!
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

Nah, Cody was actually confused by the poor wording in my post and I was too lazy to rewrite it. What I meant was that not everyone would leave the boards because Cody would still come back to update his threads like the Pop Gun Chaos thread.

I don't really need to be in any more dick measuring contests.