Author Topic: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents  (Read 559492 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: The next big RPPR campaign - what will it be?
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
real life inspiration for this campaign: http://dr1.com/articles/steroids.shtml

Desperate baseball players in the Dominican Republic use steroids meant for cattle. Think about that for a moment.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »

I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »
real life inspiration for this campaign: http://dr1.com/articles/steroids.shtml

Desperate baseball players in the Dominican Republic use steroids meant for cattle. Think about that for a moment.

As a former high school baseball player, and androtenedione taker, I have thought about it. I think it's absolutely insane. The only way I can think of it is if my experience was like smoking a cigarette, their experience was like mainlining heroine.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »
I'm going to make a character for this game. He's going to be a guy that plays in a Foreigner cover band that mutated into a half-man/half-crustacean that can control the earth with his mind.

Soft Rock Lobster.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

blucthulhu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »
Pro bodybuilders have been using horse steroids for years; they're easier to obtain and, with the exception of Equipoise, are indistinguishable from steroids intended for humans. In defense of pro ballplayers trying to "obtain an edge", until recently there was no drug testing policy in MLB. It's a billion dollar business that will spit out the weak without so much as a congratulatory handshake for the decades of prep aspiring players put in to reach the bigs. I'm actually surprised more players weren't outed in the steroid scandals of the past decade. And it's been going on for decades... read up on the rampant drug abuse that took place during the 70s, for example, and you will find tons of accounts of players loading up on amphetamines (and worse) before and during games. Hell, Doc Ellis pitched a no-hitter for the Pittsburgh Pirates while tripping on acid. (Although the jury is still out on whether this actually helped or hindered his performance ;D)

Really love the new campaign idea, btw. Been lurking and listening to RPPR shows for a while now but felt compelled to chip in and show some support for a great concept. Love the cyberpunk (or I suppose it's called trans-humanism now) themes and look forward to hearing them in action.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »
Question for our venerated GM:

Did the Ragnarok ship explode or just disappear?  If it exploded, were there any debris? (I have an origin story idea).

Question for anyone who cares to answer, especially RPPR's:

I've got three ideas, with various background stories.  I know who I'd like to role-play most, but what does the party need?

Preternaturally intelligent/perceptive leader-type?
Techno defensive crowd control?
Hyper-fast healing damage tank?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
Question for our venerated GM:

Did the Ragnarok ship explode or just disappear?  If it exploded, were there any debris? (I have an origin story idea).

Question for anyone who cares to answer, especially RPPR's:

I've got three ideas, with various background stories.  I know who I'd like to role-play most, but what does the party need?

Preternaturally intelligent/perceptive leader-type?
Techno defensive crowd control?
Hyper-fast healing damage tank?

There were lights, assumed to be explosions. No known debris.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
Canz I haz itty-bit of debris?  (sad kitten)

Not that it matters in every instance.  First off, what do you think that party is lacking?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »
Canz I haz itty-bit of debris?  (sad kitten)

Not that it matters in every instance.  First off, what do you think that party is lacking?

well to be honest, I want to leave the Ragnarok event as a big unknown for right now - but there are plenty of other alien ships that have left debris behind - what did you have in mind?

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 06:54:53 AM »
I haz itty-bit of debris?  (sad kitten)

well to be honest, I want to leave the Ragnarok event as a big unknown for right now - but there are plenty of other alien ships that have left debris behind - what did you have in mind?

[spoiler]A riot control device from an alien penitentiary ship grafted to my character's arms.  It generates force fields of various shapes and sizes.[/spoiler]

Robot Master

• "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
I haz itty-bit of debris?  (sad kitten)

Not that it matters in every instance.  First off, what do you think that party is lacking?

[spoiler]A riot control device from an alien penitentiary ship grafted to my character's arms.  It generates force fields of various shapes and sizes.[/spoiler]

Oh that's a fucking BADASS idea dude.

-edited to avoid double posting.

Hey Ross, what about mercenaries? I know that in OUR world it's kinda common for former soldiers of all different nations to take their amazingly marketable skills of knowing how to kill and blow shit up into the private market and work for PMCs (private military contractors). Any thoughts about "super soldiers" for hire via PMCs or available in the south pacific ala Rambo 4? What's the government's stance on that?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:05:37 AM by Robot Master »
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »

[spoiler]A riot control device from an alien penitentiary ship grafted to my character's arms.  It generates force fields of various shapes and sizes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You could have the device come from a Grey or Luyten ship or from a parallel universe and was recovered from the Tunguska zone. There are still undiscovered Grey and Luyten wrecks and they could be bigger ships like a prison ship.[/spoiler]

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:13 PM »
I'm sorry Cody, but i want to see Aaron play a psychotic murderer that believes he's being heroic, and zoom/reverse-flash is the best example i could think of.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »

[spoiler]You could have the device come from a Grey or Luyten ship or from a parallel universe and was recovered from the Tunguska zone. There are still undiscovered Grey and Luyten wrecks and they could be bigger ships like a prison ship.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Luyten makes more since if it is a prison ship and they were trying to colonize first, as that is a least and dimmest endevour.  Last question: do Luyten's have arms?  Puts a crimp in my plans if they don't have at least two relatively similar to a human's in size.[/spoiler]

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
[spoiler]Luytens are humanoid, yeah. [/spoiler]