Author Topic: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents  (Read 583845 times)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
I work in the field of Integrated Circuit Design, specifically as an IC layout engineer, meaning I draw the artwork that is used to fabricate a chip. My most recent project resulted in many late nights over the last few weeks. I spent the time listening to Heroes of New Arcadia. Since it was so much fun I decided to give RPPR a shout out on this chip So millions of smart-grid meters around the world will have a little bit of Role Playing Public Radio in them!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
HOLY SHIT :O
 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »
In a few weeks I'll send out another.....I think I'll put

"Robot Assassin attacks chip factory"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
Haha that's a great idea.

Speaking of New Arcadia, I got the Base Raiders website up. I'll be posting more info as time goes on. As soon as I get one more piece of art in, I'll launch the Kickstarter and away we go!

Kemlin Dragos

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:27 PM »
Can't wait for this Kickstarter!

Good luck Ross!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #470 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:50 AM »
I didn't even post the damn url for the site http://www.baseraiders.com/

I've also come to a realization that a standalone game will do better than a setting only book. So I'm looking at Fate and ORE with the idea of having free conversion guides as PDFs on the website as stretch goals

What do you think?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #471 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
Makes sense. That does mean writing a bunch of conversion guides (in exchange for money) which could either be amazingly cool or extremely dull depending on your interest in blending systems.

The site looks cool.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2012, 01:59:37 AM »
I'm confused now, do you mean making it a setting book like Grim War? Or making a systemless book like Caleb is doing? Or a dual(+) system book?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »
I'm confused now, do you mean making it a setting book like Grim War? Or making a systemless book like Caleb is doing? Or a dual(+) system book?

Standalone RPG - character creation, combat rules, the whole 9 yards.

Daerke

• DURP
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »
This sounds intriguing. What made you decide to create your own rules though? from the podcast episodes so far the Wild Talents rules seem to be working fine for the core of the game.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #475 on: September 05, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
This sounds intriguing. What made you decide to create your own rules though? from the podcast episodes so far the Wild Talents rules seem to be working fine for the core of the game.

When I realized standalone games sell better than campaign settings for specific systems.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2012, 04:08:16 AM »
Even the Wild Talents setting books?

Anyway I'll be interested to see what kind of system you come up with.

Kemlin Dragos

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
Quick Wild Talents question from a guy that hasn't gotten a chance to read the books. I was looking over the Wild Talents Character Creation spreadsheet from the ArcDream website. Just from listening to the New Arcadia campaign I get the concept of Hard and Wiggle Dice. But what do Hyper, Hyper Hard, and Hyper Wiggle do?  I am guessing that they are for high level characters and that we will get there someday, but still curious. Thanks.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Normally a stat or skill can go up to 5 dice. However, hyperdice in that stat or skill are added onto it for up to 5 additional points - leading to a total of 10 points. In other words, hyperdice are superhuman stats and skills - if you have body 2 you have normal strength, but if you have body 2 and hyperbody 5 you roll 7 dice for any body check and you're superstrong. It's important to differentiate them because if your powers are nullified then you lose the hyperdice but you always keep your regular dice.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
Had the first session of my Base Raiders game last night: city and base character creation.

I'm starting them all as normal people who are going to find super equipment or abilities of one sort or another. They all work for AmCo, a military contractor and private military firm that tired to manufactor it's own equipment and failed horribly so it's selling off assets and firing people, including the PCs.

We've got a tech support operator, a janitor, a security guard, and an affirmative action hire who didn't really do anything anyway. After they got fired the four of them decided it would be a good idea to get drunk. Then, after getting drunk, they decided to go back and steal some office supplies. Instead of going to the supply cabinet they end up going through a security door and through a portal into an old hero's base that, it turns out, their division of the company had been looting in secret.

That's where we'll start next time: four half drunk losers wandering around a secret base.

But the best part is the city they created: The glorious city of Neo-Detroit. Not New Detroit, that's up north. They have a magic academy that's smaller on the inside than it is on the outside; an engineering school founded by a now vanished super scientist; and an unfinished space elevator called the Stairway to Nowhere that no one can afford to either finish or take down.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:57:56 PM by Tadanori Oyama »