Author Topic: Close Call  (Read 6706 times)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Close Call
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »
Seems like you guys had a close call with that Tornado! Hope you are all safe and sound!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Close Call
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Yeah, Joplin is 75 miles west of Springfield, so the RPPR crew is fine. Still have thunderstorms over here though.

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
Essentially, if that same storm had veered a bit north instead of a bit south as it came east, we all could have gotten it in the face. A bit as in about 10 miles. I was watching the radar with *extreme* intent about 710 last night.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »
We just had a huge tornado miss us in Edmond OK, be careful in Missouri guys this storm is heading your way
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

Oatgan

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Casey Motherfucking Jones
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
Working in Edmond, I can attest to that. My car got washed with 60mph near-horizontal rain. I'm really glad it didn't get any worse than that, because our shelter is in an unventilated men's restroom  :(

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:10:52 AM »
Working in Edmond, I can attest to that. My car got washed with 60mph near-horizontal rain. I'm really glad it didn't get any worse than that, because our shelter is in an unventilated men's restroom  :(

I'm glad you made it through it, that storm was brutal.
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.