Author Topic: RPPR Minecraft Thread  (Read 344986 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: RPPR Minecraft Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
I added a few waystations along the path.

I will upgrade the server capacity as soon as I hear back from the hosting service on how to do that.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
I wonder if we will have to re do our work or if they just open up more room.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
server upgraded to 16 player max. I'll add Bukkit over the weekend.

no one will have to move their work.

I'll make some of the first players moderators to keep an eye on griefers and the like when i'm not here.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
server upgraded to 16 player max. I'll add Bukkit over the weekend.

no one will have to move their work.

I'll make some of the first players moderators to keep an eye on griefers and the like when i'm not here.

Awesome.  More people =  more awesome...

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 12:29:23 AM »
I didn't log on for two days or so and suddenly there are structures everywhere. This is great!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 03:15:51 AM »
All right I have an idea for a RPPR event/game we can do on the minecraft server:

A Ferngully LARP/War
[/b]

Ferngully is about a group of hippie elves protecting a forest from a group of evil property developers. We can recreate that in Minecraft easily!

There will be two teams: elves and developers.

Elves want to protect the plantlife or failing that, plant new trees and plants in Ferngully. Tree houses are okay!

Developers want to tear down all the plant life and replace with stone or metal. Buildings would be great!

Neither team benefits from covering the area in lava or water or just digging down. This is a surface level fight.  You can dig tunnels below Ferngully but neither team will get points for

To the southwest of the main town there is a huge ass forest. I will designate a large chunk of it as Ferngully by marking its borders with bedrock (hooray being an admin!)

When the game starts, the entire area will be covered in trees and plant life.  For the next 3 or 7 days, the game will be on!

The rules

WHATEVER HAPPENS IN FERNGULLY STAYS IN FERNGULLY Anything goes in Ferngully! Kill your enemies, throw their shit into lava and so forth. Blow up their houses. Set up traps. Conversely, you cannot kill or do anything bad to the other team when they are outside Ferngully.

BUILDING OUTSIDE OF FERNGULLY: This is okay too. I will place Ferngully near the existing town so you won't far to go. Elves don't get points for trees outside Ferngully, only inside.

So what do you think? Who wants to be a guerilla hippie elf?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 03:48:19 AM »
I'm totally down for being a psycho faerie elf. You a-holes are gonna regret messing with these trees.

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 04:04:33 AM »
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I might be into it just for the opportunity to experiment with redstone traps.

EDIT: Wait can developers use a Flint and Steel? if so then this might be a little one sided.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:07:49 AM by Darksaw »

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 04:20:44 AM »
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I might be into it just for the opportunity to experiment with redstone traps.

EDIT: Wait can developers use a Flint and Steel? if so then this might be a little one sided.

You thinking just burn the sucker to the ground?

Twibbit

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:40 AM »
Of all things to make me finally register and join the community, its the oppurtunity to be a guerilla hippie elf (Or an evil developer if there are too many elves)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »

remember, it's what left when the game ends. Trees can grow instantly with bone meal. I will put a rule banning flint and steel in the last hour of the battle so there won't be a fire raging when I call time.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Ill read this furngully idea in a bit, sorry dont have time too now, Just wanted to add Most of the north wall is done, and I started to check where the NE corner will be, if anyone wants to add to it go to thads pit, and behind it the lilly pad house, forget whos it is, i started the east wall there. its just a single high wall but its there as a marker. so if anyone wants to work on the wall its up to show where I think the end of the wall should be.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »
I want to see some pics when this madness is over. Always remember the first rule of internet gaming: Screenshot or it didn't happen.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
I want to see some pics when this madness is over. Always remember the first rule of internet gaming: Screenshot or it didn't happen.

That brings me to some new rules I thought of:

POINTS AND WINNING:

Every team will be judged by what they build and do during the LARP. Obviously most structures and gardens will be destroyed. HOWEVER, you will get points for everything you do and DOCUMENT for posterity.

Each screenshot or video must be accompanied by a short description - the 5 Ws and all that.

1 point per player kill that is recorded via screenshot
1 point per tree planted or destroyed documented by screenshot
2 points per tree planted or destroyed documented by video
10 points per kill that is recorded via video (FRAPS etc)
10 points per story of a structure that is documented by screenshot
25 points per story of a structure that is documented by a video walkthrough tour
10 points per story of a structure of the enemy that you destroy documented by screenshot
25 points per story of a structure of the enemy that you destroy that is documented by a video walkthrough tour
100 points for an epic video (my judgment)

I reserve the right to change point values but in general video is better than screenshot.

WINNING
I determine who wins. The winner will probably be the team that gets more points unless the other team buys like 100 copies of my book or something.

PRIZES
The winning team gets:

The Killsplosion preview AP episodes
Coupon for 30% off at the Zombies of the World store
Mention in the RPPR podcast - one shout out per player

The losing team gets:
The Killsplosion preview AP episodes

You only get the prizes if you contribute to the game - one screenshot or video minimum.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
I'm sure I still have old, old RPPR swag around here. First draft of Red State vs Blue State...raw recording of "We are the Pirates" fanfic. If you need more "prizes."
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read