Author Topic: RPPR Minecraft Thread  (Read 346979 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: RPPR Minecraft Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
bukkit is installed. How do I use it to limit who can use a lava bucket or not?

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
Ferngully idea, All people playing can not have anything on them when they enter Ferngully, Developers get a box of supplies like 5 Iron Pics, 5 Iron axes, and 5 leather armor. Elfs get 5 Wood axes, 5 Wood Picks, and to even the odds, get 5 bows and 100 arrows.

Because It wouldn't be fair If I showed up with my diamond pic and axe and just start demoing the place with a full 1000 obsidian bricks and building up houses. This way have a set amount of stuff you can use and start with. so no outside of ferngully items aloud in the game.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »
Ferngully idea, All people playing can not have anything on them when they enter Ferngully, Developers get a box of supplies like 5 Iron Pics, 5 Iron axes, and 5 leather armor. Elfs get 5 Wood axes, 5 Wood Picks, and to even the odds, get 5 bows and 100 arrows.

Because It wouldn't be fair If I showed up with my diamond pic and axe and just start demoing the place with a full 1000 obsidian bricks and building up houses. This way have a set amount of stuff you can use and start with. so no outside of ferngully items aloud in the game.

I think this is a good idea (even though I don't think I will be playing this time)...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
thats a good idea but that's impossible to police.

Obsidian is a bit too hard to get rid of since diamond is rare on the server. No obsidian. If I see obsidian, I'll destroy it and award no points.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:43 PM »

Obsidian is a bit too hard to get rid of since diamond is rare on the server. No obsidian. If I see obsidian, I'll destroy it and award no points.

Honor code?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
eh. I'd prefer something that can be watched more effectively. If I find out how to ban items from certain classes of players maybe I could enact that on players - prevent elves from using iron weapons at all or developers from using bows at all. but I dont know how to do that.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 11:54:11 PM »
Wow.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »
no someone poured lava on a bunch of different houses - mine, darksaw, tad, thad and aaron afaik.

idk who did but it motivated me to install bukkit. now to install plugins.

I don't even know what the hell they did to my house. Huge sections are missing and half of the trees are leaf-less. I'd guess lava but my little pond isn't filled with cobblestone and there wasn't any lava anywhere when I logged on. That shit doesn't just vanish. On the other hand, I guess you could get the same results with liberal use of flint and steel...

Anyway, Tree Village is under repair.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:59 AM »
I think Ross was running arround outing out the lava, so that may be why you dont have any any more.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »

Yeah honor code is what I was going for, and I only ment it for starting, so if the elfs find diamond ore, or iron they can use it still just start with wood gear to kinda rp the fact they were not ready to be invaded.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »
This friday sounds great. I'm thinking elffaerie for me. Haven't seen the damage yet, I just remember the burning of the tree.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
I think Ross was running arround outing out the lava, so that may be why you dont have any any more.

The lava wouldn't just disappear though, there's either be cobblestone if he used water or big piles of other blocks if he sealed it off. The more I think about it the more likely it was normal fire... or a hurricane.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
I didn't touch Tad's tree house. That must have been a fire.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
mmm IDK, I do know there are some areas that do have big piles of cobble stone set up on them, like the north side of the main fort there's cobble stone out there. but idk.

BTW I wont be on Friday, ill be out of town. so wont be able to do any of the play testing if we do it this Friday.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
North of the fort we had a ton of lava, no surprises there. I build to the east.

Mostly it's just a time thing, I have to plant new trees and wait for them to grow (or figure out this bonemeal thing, I have no idea how that works).

And, to let anybody who didn't hear know, the hobo-hotel is mostly intacted so anything you left in the room chests should still be fine.