Author Topic: RPPR Minecraft Thread  (Read 345013 times)

the doomed one

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Minecraft Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »
So apparently if I go into a nether portal I built, and then exit through the same portal, it transports me about 400 blocks in the x direction and 900 in the z...

Doens't that occur because someone else built that nether portal in the outworld too close to yours?

That's what I thought, but clearly they aren't THAT close...
Check the X and z coordinates inside and outside of the nether on a portal that is properly set up, then check outside your portal, and then do the conversion, and find that spot in the nether. Then build a portal there and it should work (can't say for sure, as i have only really built a portal in single player.)

Edit: I missed this. The link to the wiki explains it better than I did.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal

The implication notes of the portal linkage section says you need a 1000 block clearance between portals in the outworld :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:50:36 PM by the doomed one »
Games I own: 13th Age, Dragon Age Box Set 1, Eclipse Phase, Shadowrun 5th, Paranoia XP, Iron Kingdoms, (new)World of Darkness, Werewolf, Pathfinder, D&D 4th edition, Exalted, Savage Worlds, Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy, Traveler, Deadlands (classic), Don't Rest Your Head, and many others in pdf

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »
So apparently if I go into a nether portal I built, and then exit through the same portal, it transports me about 400 blocks in the x direction and 900 in the z...

Doens't that occur because someone else built that nether portal in the outworld too close to yours?

That's what I thought, but clearly they aren't THAT close...
Check the X and z coordinates inside and outside of the nether on a portal that is properly set up, then check outside your portal, and then do the conversion, and find that spot in the nether. Then build a portal there and it should work (can't say for sure, as i have only really built a portal in single player.)

Edit: I missed this. The link to the wiki explains it better than I did.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal

The implication notes of the portal linkage section says you need a 1000 block clearance between portals in the outworld :(

Just went to the nether, found the point at which my gate should be located, built another gate, and everything worked out...

j_train1

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
I too have a desire to venture into the wild in search of the fabled mushroom island. Where monsters will never span and you can have a lthe mushrooms you cna eat
Just don't let the caterpillar convince you in eating the toadstool.

"I hate Wonderland" Mad Hatter, Once upon a time

Captain Night

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone living south of the starting area. A railway system will soon be penetrating the nether, with one station at the spawn portal in the desert and one at the end of the line. I'm laying the second line of cobblestone down already, so if anyone wants me to incorporate a sheltered way point or stopover near their portal, I'd need the coordinates to incorporate it into the build.

Otherwise, it's going to just be a straight shot above land and lava. :P

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
I need to travel beyond the bounds of our known Minecraft world. I'm building a boat and leaving tonight!
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

A_Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
I am new to the forums, but a fan of the podcast.
Also, I would like to request permissions for the server if possible.
My MC name is BobVIII, and I am currently stuck in an animal pen.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
I am new to the forums, but a fan of the podcast.
Also, I would like to request permissions for the server if possible.
My MC name is BobVIII, and I am currently stuck in an animal pen.

It looks like we already have permission set up for you so you should be good to go. Also if you're stuck, you can ask a Mod for a teleport if they are on. Xibraxis, j_train, thadexamachina and myself are all Mods.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

A_Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
I still do not appear to be able to do anything, unless I am in an owned area or something.  In that case, I am stuck in an animal pen and need to be teleported.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
Okay, I've gone ahead and updated your permissions, so you should be able to play.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

A_Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Thanks

TheRookery

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
So today I was playing around on the server when it went down for about 10 minutes. I log back on and was apparently visited by the largest ever Enderman named chunk error, have a screenshot.

So I had just finished re-building my barn, house and wall with stone bricks

the doomed one

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »
As a heads up, someone had set some TNT under the doors to the Ross temple (in the desert), and I have sprung the trap while hiding from some zombies. The remains are in a chest in the crater. I would check the other doors before using them.

In other news, i have set off for parts unknown, so my prior home (dark wood shack leading down to a ravine) is up for whatever looting whoever finds it feels is appropriate.
Games I own: 13th Age, Dragon Age Box Set 1, Eclipse Phase, Shadowrun 5th, Paranoia XP, Iron Kingdoms, (new)World of Darkness, Werewolf, Pathfinder, D&D 4th edition, Exalted, Savage Worlds, Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy, Traveler, Deadlands (classic), Don't Rest Your Head, and many others in pdf

j_train1

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the repair job on the Temple. I fixed it up.

Good luck exploring to lands unknown and don't forget where your Towel is.

j_train1

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
I have worked on Castle Ross and surround area. Go explore if you like. just follow the road out of the spawn point past Ross temple.

Next part of the area would be a village for the castle. Anyone have any good ideas to blend into the build?

Ramza

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »
Would i be able to get permissions my name is Beowulf_Cadmus