Author Topic: RPPR Minecraft Thread  (Read 346798 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: RPPR Minecraft Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »
Return to MineCraft RPPR Server Journal; Day #3

Hours spent wandering the surrounding woods yielded little. The animals in this area appear to be malnourished, I was unable to find even a scrap of editable meat on either of the two hogs I managed to bring down. After some travel I managed to trap a small flock of ducks. Stocked with meat for a time I secured my simple base and traveled out along the coast. I did not have to go far before I sighted another glass structure: a massive enclosure of exotic plants and creatures. By leaping from a nearby hill I was able to ascend the enclosure and the castle beyond. I found myself in a settlement of some kind but was unable to go down to the lower floors due to a pack of massive jungle apes wandering the grounds.

As night fell I ran through tunnels and passages, fleeing the rising dead. At last I discovered a fleet of empty ships, beached in a shallow bay. Beyond these what I at first believed to be a light house but, upon passing it, found it to be a massive idol. At the base a sign delcared it to "Ross", some sort of ancient deity perhaps. It seems that the lack of people and the masses of dead I am currently fleeing in my life from is the result of unholy rituals in dedication to this god.

In light of this revelation I have fled the city by boat, crossing the inland sea and setting ashore near a massive farm. For security I have established a bunker at the edge of a lush jungle, in which I believe I can evade the dead who likely still follow me. Layered stone, covered with plants from the jungle this bunker will be my new base from which I will seek other survivors, possibly others who fled whatever curse settled over the strange country which worshiped "Ross".

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:06 AM »
I know some of you are worried about griefers/vandals. So far, it hasn't been a real problem but I don't have the time or minecraft admin skills to implement complex anti-griefing solutions. I do have the server logs though so if you know when your stuff gets vandalized, I will know who was online when it happened. So keep an eye on your stuff and at least mention in the chat if you get vandalized - as the chats get saved in the log.

Alternatively if one of the long time players has great minecraft admin skillz, we could give you admin access.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2012, 02:16:38 AM »
Aww man, Tad. You're goin' the wrong way to find my neat stuff. xD

Speaking of my stuff, at about 13x, -405 z, I have built a somewhat grand hotel; the rooms are largely done, but the foyer (2nd floor) and the main lobby feel far too empty to me for my liking.

If anyone wants to come and check it out, do some decorating or post some ideas, I'd appreciate it. I'm drawin' a blank.

Oh, and there'll be food there to make up for the long trip. Feel free.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:19:13 AM by Moondog »
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2012, 02:20:53 AM »
I'll make it there eventually. I'm just enjoying this concept now. I think I'm gonna keep with the journal even after I find others.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 17, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
My faithfulness to our Lord Payton has been rewarded (as it ever would) with ascension into godhood. I shall still build New Arcadia in dedication to his glory, as all who wish to achieve the rewards of the faithful should, but I no longer need the petty accessories  my weak flesh once did.

All structures in the holy city were ripped from the living stone by my suffering mortal hands, and to destroy such works would be blasphemy to our one true Lord. Such affronts will be met with exquisite, divine savagery.

All items in chests, however, are no longer needed, as future building materials will be manifested out of His most celestial essence alone.

So, you know, if you need rocks and stuff, feel free to drop by and take some.

P.S. Feel free to build some stuff. No zoning in New Arcadia. Rearden steel.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41:45 AM »
I must find this New Arcadia. My search will begin soon.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
...Creepy, 'Zord.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
So, anyone familiar with redstone wiring/repeaters and other shenanigans? I'd like to get this thing to flash on and off, but I have no idea how.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
Wow... hmmm, pretty sure it has to touch something solid to run a line up to it... if I get there I'll see what I can do.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »
I can get a scaffold up without any issues, just not sure how to make it strobe.

There, put a ladder up to the area, and a semi-safe scaffold up for anyone willing to give it a look to get up there. Also a chest of materials that should/might be necessary.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:59:48 PM by Moondog »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
In basic theory it isn't difficult, you just need some repeaters. In this case we'll need scaffolding to get the line In this case we just need a few repeaters between the letters. Can you believe I spent the last couple of minutes trying to think of how to get the stuff from the ground up? We just need to build it in the sky next to the sign and make sure it's small enoug not to be noticed.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Repeater_feedback.gif

Hey, this is gonna wreck my journal a little but can I get a teleport from an admin to help out with this thing?

Also, I have a plan for a new feature for New Arcadia: maze dungeon. It'll be awesome! However, I am going to need about 4,096 cobblestone blocks to get started laying the ground work.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:55:41 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
In basic theory it isn't difficult, you just need some repeaters. In this case we'll need scaffolding to get the line In this case we just need a few repeaters between the letters. Can you believe I spent the last couple of minutes trying to think of how to get the stuff from the ground up? We just need to build it in the sky next to the sign and make sure it's small enoug not to be noticed.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Repeater_feedback.gif

Hey, this is gonna wreck my journal a little but can I get a teleport from an admin to help out with this thing?

Also, I have a plan for a new feature for New Arcadia: maze dungeon. It'll be awesome! However, I am going to need about 4,096 cobblestone blocks to get started laying the ground work.

I can't do any teleporting, but the cobble blocks are easily given. Lemme know when you're on, and I'll see if I can't find a nearby nether portal to your current location, to take you to the Hotel area.

Also, I really appreciate it.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »
I just need to know which way to go and I'll be happy to make my way towards you. Like I said, I found a huge statue of "Ross" awhile back. Does that landmark do any good?

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2012, 12:06:09 AM »
So it turns out that we've figured out how to get a blinker going.

But these lamps are horrible about conduction. =<<<

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »
Side one:

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
It looks a bit shittier than I'd like.