Author Topic: The Heretic Cycle: a new fantasy series from Ross Payton  (Read 68678 times)

HapexIndustries

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: The Heretic Cycle: a new fantasy series from Ross Payton
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »
Any hints on when the rest of the series will release?  I have anxiety related to unfinished book series so I can't read the first until the series is complete.

...yes this is totally a thing.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 01:23:21 AM »
part 2 is about half written. I need to finish the Boiling Point Kickstarter stretch goals. 2.5 PDF supplements to go  :(

HapexIndustries

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 01:38:49 AM »
part 2 is about half written. I need to finish the Boiling Point Kickstarter stretch goals. 2.5 PDF supplements to go  :(

For a second as I was reading that I was like OH I CAN HELP MEET THE STRETCH GOALS! and then I realized you meant you need to finish writing them.  Two and a half supplements eh?  Gonna be hard going with Fallout 4 dropping on Tuesday, as a fellow writer (though far far lazier) I wish you the best of luck and look forward to any updates and congratulations on the successful Kickstarters!  Those supplements are testaments to victory!

Unfortunately, victory clearly has its cost :/

Darnus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 02:50:44 AM »
Sounds interesting, I'll pick it up when the money comes in.
Now Ross, have you read Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence? You said that you were going for a more villainous character and a kinda darker tone, and that's probably one of the biggest epitomes of both of those things in recent fantasy. The main character's a 13 year old kid who's uncomfortable degrees of shadow the edgehog, but it's extremely well written and quite compelling. The setting is really interesting, too.