Author Topic: Legacy of Nimh Actual Play?  (Read 11138 times)

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Legacy of Nimh Actual Play?
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
Was re-listening to "Critique of Cthulhu" episode and at the end, the Legacy of Nimh scenario came up and I want to know, will there be actual plays of the Legacy of NIMH, were the session recorded? I would be very interested in checking those out, I loved the first movie and this scenario could easily replace my memories of the...(shivers) sequel.
Liquid Water?

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of Nimh Actual Play?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »
Ross talked about it a bit in the interview he did with us over at http://drunkandugly.com/2012/03/03/the-drunk-and-the-newsies-3-3-2012/.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »
As someone who played in an early version of the same scenario, you can be assured it fully evokes the first film.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:16 AM »
Firstly, The first film is the only true film, I try to deny the ... "sequel"... when I can.
And Secondly, That is awesome to here. XD Hope fully one day soon Ross will put up that AP, he did in-fact mention they had recorded a session on "The Drunk and the Ugly".

Also thank you for making me aware of another cool podcasting crew, Salkovich.
Liquid Water?

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
The AP for NIMH will be the one I ran for the RPPR cast.  I would have had others, but unfortunately the Gencon recordings did not pan out. The first game was completely my fault as I forgot to turn the H2 on. The second was recorded, but was ended early due to the players needing to get to their next scheduled games. The third was due to the H2 losing power during the recording (which is a shame since that one was the longest).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:09:15 AM by BeyondSandrock »
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
Super bummer. Our run was so friggin' epic.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
The AP for NIMH will be the one I ran for the RPPR cast.  I would have had others, but unfortunately the Gencon recordings did not pan out. The first game was completely my fault as I forgot to turn the H2 on. The second was recorded, but was ended early due to the players needing to get to their next scheduled games. The third was due to the H2 losing power during the recording (which is a shame since that one was the longest).

Is that the one where Caleb was playing the fun-loving fool character and then shit got dark? If so I cant wait to hear that one.
Liquid Water?

BeyondSandrock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
Yes, Caleb played a version of our scout that was obsessed with finding the most elusive prey: Captain Crunch Cereal.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:13:27 AM by BeyondSandrock »
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »
Yes, Caleb played a version of our scout that was obsessed with finding the mist elusive prey: Captain Crunch Cereal.

Wow, just wow... XD already this is sounding better than the... no, no I wont call it that, I refuse to acknowledge the other film as a sequel.

I hope it gets posted soon. is there only one more episode of the slender man game? I remember hearing Ross saying that you only made it through 6 sessions before the game fizzled.
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
yeah, final episode goes up tomorrow then I will try to post a new EP game on the 15th. Then we resume normal posting schedule.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Awesome. :)
Liquid Water?

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 02:46:15 AM »
Directed to Aaron or anyone else who may have some idea,
Exactly how did you go about stating the rats of nimh?
Liquid Water?

BeyondSandrock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
Directed to Aaron or anyone else who may have some idea,
Exactly how did you go about stating the rats of nimh?

Spoiler tag added just in case:

[spoiler]
Well, the story really began with a question about Nicodemus.  While watching the movie it always seemed strange to me that Nicodemus was obviously mystical while the other rats used science and technology to their benefit.  The glowing eyes, the odd devices and the burning ink all gave the impression that Nicodemus was privy to some form of Eldritch knowledge (and possibly a burden that he was keeping from everybody else). Because of that I wanted to explain how he came into that knowledge and what problems it may have inadvertently caused for the future generations of rats now living in Thorn Valley. I don't want to spoil any more here, but if you have any other questions feel free to PM and I'd be happy to answer you.[/spoiler]