Author Topic: 4 kids, 1 talking dog  (Read 4451 times)

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
4 kids, 1 talking dog
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:43 PM »
Hey all, am currently working on a rpg scenario involving kids fighting off zombies and other monsters near there cottage. 4 of my friends are planning to play sibling and one is dead set (along with the others) to play a larger mastiff type dog that talks, also he wheres a cape and the kids can ride it like a horse. so I'm currently debating what rule set to use, I was originally going to use Little Fears, but I look at Monsters more and more and think it might be a better option. My question is this, how should I proceed with one monster (the talking dog) that is shared among the four kids? has anyone else faced such a dilemma? I'm new to GMing, but am really intrigued with playing this scenario.
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: 4 kids, 1 talking dog
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »
The MAOCT supplement, Bigger Bads, has a section on weird powers for kids - you could make the mastiff use the same rules as kids but give him some dice in 'dog powers' basically.

Otherwise make him a monster that any kid can feed relationships to for additional power. Seems like an easy fix. Of course the problem with making the dog an actual monster is power. Monsters in MAOCT are superhuman entities that are much more powerful than dogs, talking or not. You might give the dog a limit that any power he has only works on supernatural creatures like zombies so he doesn't rip through steel doors or outrace cars or anything like that.