Author Topic: Kickstarter: Cool Stuff  (Read 398166 times)

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter: Cool Stuff
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2016, 06:28:03 PM »
Thanks Adam

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2016, 03:30:34 AM »
This might be the coolest game kickstarter I have seen this year.

So, some of you might be familiar with this writer called Patrick Rothfuss.  He wrote a couple of books that some of might have glanced through called "Name of the Wind" and "Wise mans Fear". 

So, his book has a game in it.  It's sort of his worlds version of Chess or Go. 

Now someone has gone and made the dam game and supposedly it's good.  And now Cheapass games is kickstarting the whole thing.  And of course it being endorsed by Patrick Rothfuss it's funded in a day or so.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
www.kickstarter.com/projects/hannahshaffer/noirlandia?ref=users

A weird Noir rpg I found the other day. I like the idea that it is both gmless and designed for one shot play. Looks like fun if you want to get your Dark City on.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:33 AM »
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2027287602/neoreaction-a-basilisk?ref=thanks_tweet

A book of horror philosophy about the end of the world, the alt-right, and an AI from the future that wants to torture you. Yes, you.

Claive

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2016, 10:54:34 AM »
Rifts being converted to Savage Worlds
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds?ref=users

I don't know if I am happy or not....
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2016, 01:41:46 PM »
But it's not palladium...

www.kickstarter.com/projects/samjokopublishing/the-veil-cyberpunk-rpg?ref=users

Another Apocalypse powered Cyberpunk goodness to go with The Sprawl and Headspace (Tac-net/PC Hivemind the game). This one's more focused on Augmented reality and affecting society-ish.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »

Moto42

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2016, 09:13:47 PM »
I don't know how much it helps, but you're featured as a 'Project we love' by KickStarter.
Good luck Caleb, I hope you get to pay your writer when it's all over.

RadioactiveBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 23, 2016, 10:24:08 PM »
I've backed at the "you are legally obligated to tolerate me for at least an hour at GenCon" level.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »
A gloomy, nautical campaign setting in the vein of Fallen London's Sunless Sea

14 days left as of time of writing

The Driftwood Verses

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/464014331/the-driftwood-verses

The Driftwood Verses is a gloomy, nautical fantasy campaign setting for old-school tabletop role-playing games. It's directly compatible with Lamentations of the Flame Princess and more broadly compatible with a large selection of traditional systems.

The setting was conceived as a Dark Sun-esque re-skinning of standard D&D tropes, starting with the conceit that "whales are dragons." It has since developed into something well beyond that original idea. The major inspirations include stuff like Moby Dick, Dishonored, Sunless Sea, Dune, The Scar, and the Monster Blood Tattoo series.

The book focuses on a blighted maritime region called Walfismeer. It's an impressionistic fantasy setting, a collection of symbols and metaphors come to life. Anachronisms abound. Grizzled mariners pilot haunted, tentacle-powered iron ships across a sludge-poisoned sea. Sinister roachmen quad-wield black powder pistols in hungry cities ruled by vice and bloodsport. Secretly trained navigators employ esoteric disciplines to guide vessels across a mysterious psychic barrier called The Reef. Desperate meerfolk raise sonorous hymns to Leviathan in deep-sea, whale-corpse cathedrals.

I understand Lamentations of the Flame Princess comes with baggage for some patrons. But please don't automatically dismiss excellent settings that are based on those OSR rules because a writer would rather explore a settting more fully than suffer through making their own mechanical system.

As an example, Kennith Hite wrote Qelong for LotFP

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/117257/Qelong

This is NOT another rehash of the typical age of sail/talk-like-a-pirate setting. It's something slightly weirder. It's like Melville's Nantucket meets Leiber's Lankhmar with an oil-spill-chic soundtrack by Tom Waits and Bathory rattling in the background.

The whole time I've been writing this book, I've been talking about it over on Google Plus. You can catch up and find tons of excerpts, concept art, play reports, and more by checking out the #driftwoodverses tag over there. Feel free to circle me while you're at it.

https://plus.google.com/explore/driftwoodverses

FAIR WARNING: The Driftwood Verses is being created with adults in mind. It contains adult language, violence, sexual references, and disturbing imagery. If it were a movie, it would be rated 'R'.

Three new character classes for LotFP: The psychic Navigator who uses sigil foci to unleash mental powers, the quad-wielding Blattarian roachman, and the pitiable Vassal, a vat-grown albino slave species bred to take pleasure in servitude.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2016, 06:47:02 PM »
Reminds me of Dishonored and Bioshock. Along with Blue Planet and Polaris we're getting so many unironic seapunk rpgs.

I don't mind LotFP so much though a lot of their art squicks me the hell out and I'm not into many old school games aside from listening to RPPR's DCC peasant funnels.

That said I did buy the A Red And Pleasant Land setting book which was a really interesting read. If RPPR plays it I look forward to whoever picks the ALICE class (Probably Aaron).

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2016, 11:17:45 AM »
Caleb mentioned  Murders & Acquisitions on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HebanonGCal/status/739968769074724870

Unfortunately the kickstarter is over but the project is successfully funded.  Maybe it will be available on Drive Through.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1582756696/murders-and-acquisitions-rpg/description

The Game:

Murders & Acquisitions is a tabletop RPG of subterfuge, espionage, intrigue, theft, and murder in an absurd corporate world. Everything you need to play will be contained in a single game book. A variety of PDF support materials will also be provided.

The players portray corporate go-getters who are willing to climb the corporate ladder by any means necessary. You might sabotage a rival’s pet project, steal his secrets, destroy him socially, or simply kill him and cover it up. Lie, kill, steal – it’s all fair game in a cut-throat corporate world. You can create a character in a matter of minutes. Resources in the book allow a GM to craft an adventure quickly and fill in the blanks as the group plays.

Murders & Acquisitions utilizes a simple, dice-based system for task resolution. Skills are rated with a die type, from d4 to d12. You roll that skill die plus a d6, add the results, and compare the total to a target number. There are ways to bump the die types up or down based on circumstances, as well as ways to gain additional dice to roll. Each action is resolved with one die roll. Both success/failure as well as degree of success/failure are resolved with one roll.

The core game is set in an alternate version of our own real world. Stretch goals will add a series of optional, modular add-on rules that bring a variety of fantastical elements to the game. These add-on rules can be mixed and matched to create a more complex, unique version of the Murders & Acquisitions game for everyone to enjoy.

The Game Book

Every optional chapter made it into the book through stretch goals. Here’s a rundown of what will be in the game book.

Introduction – The basics of the game and world setting.
Chapter 1 – Character Creation – Complete rules for creating a Murders & Acquisitions character.
Chapter 2 – Rule System – The core rule set for the game.
Chapter 3 – Supervisor Guidelines – Advice and rules for GMs along with additional setting information.
Chapter 4 – Friends & Enemies – Stat blocks for a wide variety of NPCs.
Chapter 5 – Story Ideas – A guide for creating adventures in the world of Murders & Acquisitions.
Chapter 6 - Magic & Spellcasting - Spellcasting rules and magic items. Also, some magical traps and a company that utilizes magic in its dealings.
Chapter 7 - Monsters & Templates - Monster bloodline templates for characters. Also, a whole bunch of monsters and a company run by monsters.
Chapter 8 - Future Tech - Rules for cybertech and nanotech. Additionally, some tech monsters and a company that wants to build a better you by sticking technology in your body.
Chapter 9 - Cosmic Horror - Dark magic, some artifacts, and insanity. Also, some fell creatures from beyond the edges of our reality and a company that has made a pact with one such horror.
Chapter 10 - Apocalypses & Mutations - Guidelines for different types of apocalypses as well as character (and monster) mutations. In addition, some apocalyptic monsters and dangerous wild animals.

Ongoing news here: http://www.nerdburgergames.com/

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:04 AM »
Mutant Crawl Classics RPG (MCC RPG)

Kickstarter LIVE.  YES! By the Dungeon Crawl Classics folks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/mutant-crawl-classics-rpg-mcc-rpg

Triumph & Technology Won by Mutants & Magic

You’re no zero. You’re a wasteland wanderer: a mutant, a seeker, a robot-killer, a stoic shaman guarding forgotten ancient sciences. You seek triumph and technology, winning it with mutations and magic, soaked in the radiation and quantum fields of the mutated, the savage, the semi-sentient, and the artificially intelligent. There are treasures to be won in the taboo lands and ruins, and you shall have them.

Return to the glory days of science fiction gaming with the Mutant Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. Adventure like it’s 1978 again, with modern rules grounded in the origins of post-apocalyptic role playing. Fast play, a mysterious future, and 100% compatibility with the DCC RPG system await you — just activate your artifact...

Mutant Crawl Classics (MCC RPG) is a stand-alone setting that applies the DCC RPG rules to a post-apocalyptic setting. You'll love MCC if you like Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, or DCC RPG. You don't need to own DCC to play MCC.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
A friend of mine has a pair of these shoes and they are great looking and very comfortable (he claims) although expensive. Had I not just ratchet down my patreon/kickstarter expenditures I would be into this for a pair of shoes as opposed to a token backing but hopeful a few of your will be able to let your atheist flag fly.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181654223/atheist-shoes-mobile-shop-across-the-usa