Author Topic: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games  (Read 335595 times)

Leshrac

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »
Have you guys played Dogs in the Vineyard yet.

Its a extremely amusing narrative engine, attached to a really weird pseudo magical Mormon expansionst setting..

....but can easily be detached from that period and just run the system in another setting.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2014, 02:46:44 AM »
we've played it several times in the past - never had a game good enough for the AP podacast - I'll probably add it to the next B-Sides

DanThunder

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »
During the 100th episodetacular, there seemed to be some interest in Edge of the Empire, the new Star Wars RPG by Fantasy Flight Games.  If it's not already in the backlog, I'd like to recommend (with all the authority of a random forum dude) that you guys pick it up.

It's narrative focus will fit well with the group, and it will be interesting to see you guys play with a dice system that has no numbers.  The proprietary dice are not as difficult as they seem.  My group of newbies picked it up in about 45 minutes.

Plus, Aaron could play an R2 unit, like he always tries to do.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »
Personally waiting for some more Call of Cathulhu, that shit be tight yo. 

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
That reminds me, Ross: how did the recording of the game we played at Fear The Con turn out? Good enough for the B-Sides at least, I hope!

(C'mon, make me internet famous)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
I would love to hear you guys play
Vampire City
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/99313/Vampire-City-%28English%29
Partially just to hear the initial bidding phase.
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Jace911

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
If you're ever looking for some dark humor fun in the vein of MAOCT you guys could try out Must Be Tuesday; it's a high school "monster of the week"-style RPG inspired by shows like Buffy, where the player characters are simultaneously A. secret extracurricular monster hunters trying to survive high school and B. actual monsters themselves. The primary mechanic involves balancing mundane human activities (School and life stuff) with your supernatural ones (Monster instincts and adventures). If you go too far in one direction or the other you either become the next Victim of the Week, or the Monster of the Week.

Since I know the devs on another forum I actually got to be in a couple of the playtests and I've run a game of the final version, and all three were an absolute riot. Seems like it'd be perfect for a one-shot or two (Maybe even a mini-campaign) if you guys are interested.

[/shamelessplug]

Edit: While playing MBT earlier today my GM pointed out that I have done an improper job marketing this game to the RPPR crew, so here is my refined attempt:

Aaron: You can play a robot!
Tom: There are monsters in the school, and you're one of them!
Caleb: The entire game is narrative-driven and there's a mechanism for improvising entire plots on the spot!
Ross: You can literally play an Eldritch Horror posing as a high school student!

Sales pitch over.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:52:00 PM by Jace911 »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
That reminds me, Ross: how did the recording of the game we played at Fear The Con turn out? Good enough for the B-Sides at least, I hope!

oh I'll post it don't you worry about that

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2014, 10:12:21 AM »

oh I'll post it don't you worry about that

Mostly I want to hear that explanatory interlude that you and Caleb apparently recorded in the car on the way to Hotel Carcosa.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Mr. Purple

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »
If you're ever looking for some dark humor fun in the vein of MAOCT you guys could try out Must Be Tuesday; it's a high school "monster of the week"-style RPG inspired by shows like Buffy, where the player characters are simultaneously A. secret extracurricular monster hunters trying to survive high school and B. actual monsters themselves. The primary mechanic involves balancing mundane human activities (School and life stuff) with your supernatural ones (Monster instincts and adventures). If you go too far in one direction or the other you either become the next Victim of the Week, or the Monster of the Week.

Since I know the devs on another forum I actually got to be in a couple of the playtests and I've run a game of the final version, and all three were an absolute riot. Seems like it'd be perfect for a one-shot or two (Maybe even a mini-campaign) if you guys are interested.

[/shamelessplug]

Edit: While playing MBT earlier today my GM pointed out that I have done an improper job marketing this game to the RPPR crew, so here is my refined attempt:

Aaron: You can play a robot!
Tom: There are monsters in the school, and you're one of them!
Caleb: The entire game is narrative-driven and there's a mechanism for improvising entire plots on the spot!
Ross: You can literally play an Eldritch Horror posing as a high school student!

Sales pitch over.

And I can be the librarian!
"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »
I linked this the other day in the discussion on Google+, but you guys should definitely give Drowns the Sky a shot. Fantastic little dark mapgame about a space colony facing the end of the world.

Here's the easy-reading version,
and here's the game in convenient pocketmod form.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
Thanks for the link. Looking at it now.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »
If you guys ever want some material for a MAOTC campaign, you could easily base a game off of Persona 4.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
If you guys ever want some material for a MAOTC campaign, you could easily base a game off of Persona 4.

Any of the Persona or Shin Megami Tensei games really. Hell, you could even do a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure MAOCT.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/1999

THIS is a ripe horror one-shot. Holy crap.