Author Topic: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games  (Read 335551 times)

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
Moar Delta Green- one shot, mini- to full campaign. Don't care which.
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

PirateLawyer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »

+1 to this, with emphasis. Even better if it uses the beta rules from DG 2.0.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:25 AM »
Caleb ran a new DG game with the alpha rules. We're saving it for the DG KS. I'll probably run a DG AP during that KS too.

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:10 AM »
Awesome, Ross. Still, I hope for even more DG action.  ;D
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
When guns come into play Delta Green doesn't mess around.  I was scared to leave cover in the playtest game.

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »

Thirded.

Ross & Co. I was curious why you guys haven't had a game based around the Moundbuilder culture.

I recently stumbled across Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology by Kenneth Feder in a used book store and I was shocked that I was never informed of these sites in university undergrad archeology or anthropology breadth classes.

Have you gents ever been to the Cahokia site or the mounds in Missouri?

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
If I remember correctly Operation: Eyes Down deals a little with the Moundbuilders or something similar.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »

Thirded.

Ross & Co. I was curious why you guys haven't had a game based around the Moundbuilder culture.

I recently stumbled across Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology by Kenneth Feder in a used book store and I was shocked that I was never informed of these sites in university undergrad archeology or anthropology breadth classes.

Have you gents ever been to the Cahokia site or the mounds in Missouri?

Coincidence! The Civil War CoC scenario that I ran for Caleb and Ross at Fear the Con in June (and again for Aaron, Jason, and David among others at Springfield G.A.M.E. a few weeks ago) features an Indian mound rather prominently. And it should be hitting the Actual Play site pretty soon! ;)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
Coincidence! The Civil War CoC scenario that I ran for Caleb and Ross at Fear the Con in June (and again for Aaron, Jason, and David among others at Springfield G.A.M.E. a few weeks ago) features an Indian mound rather prominently. And it should be hitting the Actual Play site pretty soon! ;)

Awesome! I really want to hear this game.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »

Excellent! Can't wait.

And I do have to recommend Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology again for any gamemaster looking for adventure seeds.  Great layout, and it goes over several occult theories and proven frauds associated with each supernatural topic. 

Since it is a text book, the most recent edition is obscenely expensive as expected.  Grab an older used version for as little as four bucks http://www.amazon.com/Frauds-Myths-Mysteries-Pseudoscience-Archaeology/dp/007811697X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415062724&sr=8-1&keywords=Frauds%2C+Myths%2C+and+Mysteries%3A+Science+and+Pseudoscience.

Innominatus

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »

I have to say, I really enjoyed playing in that game at G.A.M.E.!

In regards to the topic however, I would love to see RPPR play through one or two sessions of Rogue Trader, as it was the game that really got me serious with roleplaying.  I know Ross expressed his neutral-ness with the setting though, and you really need someone who is really invested in the setting in order to truly bring the game to the fantastic potential that it holds.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »

I have to say, I really enjoyed playing in that game at G.A.M.E.!

In regards to the topic however, I would love to see RPPR play through one or two sessions of Rogue Trader, as it was the game that really got me serious with roleplaying.  I know Ross expressed his neutral-ness with the setting though, and you really need someone who is really invested in the setting in order to truly bring the game to the fantastic potential that it holds.

I like the 40k setting and I have rogue trader. No one else at RPPR gives a shit about the setting though and learning a complex new system is a bit of a daunting task for my schedule right now.

Innominatus

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »
I like the 40k setting and I have rogue trader. No one else at RPPR gives a shit about the setting though and learning a complex new system is a bit of a daunting task for my schedule right now.

Darn.  Oh well, it's totally understandable that you have a full schedule and that the grim darkness of the far future can be a bit unappealing to some.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
Relistening to Episode 82 has got me thinking: Did that World of Synnibarr Kickstarter ever pay off, Ross? I hope so. That's a game that I'd pay to listen to.