Author Topic: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games  (Read 335566 times)

fearjunkie

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming RPPR One Shot games
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2014, 11:54:12 AM »
If we really want a mecha game, there's Giant Guardian Generation, which is basically Super Robot Wars: The Tabletop RPG.

Link: http://tk31.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2014, 02:37:05 PM »
Ross and I agreed to go ahead a do both games despite the lack of any death on our part (or possibly due to the fact that I'm supposedly a witch).  It just may be a while before we can get to running them with real life commitments and longer campaigns coming up.

Awesome! That's certainly understandable, but I can't wait to hear them none the less, Albatro.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »
Also, more Save Game. That setting's so cool.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
Ross and I agreed to go ahead a do both games despite the lack of any death on our part (or possibly due to the fact that I'm supposedly a witch).  It just may be a while before we can get to running them with real life commitments and longer campaigns coming up.

Awesome! That's certainly understandable, but I can't wait to hear them none the less, Albatro.

Aaron, sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparklemotion!

Which is to say I am looking forward to the games and will eagerly consume them once they appear. Also real life is bullshit and I don't recommend it.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2015, 07:57:28 PM »
I believe Ross has mentioned that he likes the 40k, but isn't really a fan of the Dark Heresy system, though I could be misremembering things.

Also, what the upload schedule now? Duality, Masks, then One Shot? Or is Dungeon World tossed in there somewhere too?

Putting words in Ross' mouth: It's a complex system which he would need to teach to all of the other players for probably only a game or two and they aren't big fans of Warhammer. So, more effort than it's worth basically.

Ah, ok. Yeah, it's definitely a complex system, though 2nd ed was recently released so I'm not sure if it's become more manageable. The books are super pretty though, FFG has some excellent production quality, if a bit pricey.

The third edition beta of Adeptus Evangelion got posted, it's no longer DH based. Links to downloads and all sorts of cool AdEva stuff: http://tinyurl.com/AdEvaRes
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:53:03 AM by fearjunkie »

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
I've been playing Skullgirls and it would make for an AWESOME Save Game session. Awesome fighting game characters, Lovecraftian background plot elements (and a restaurant called Little Innsmouth...operated mainly by a race of fishpeople called Dagonians :P), and a giant man who's part saxophone. What's not to love?

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »
I've been playing Skullgirls and it would make for an AWESOME Save Game session. Awesome fighting game characters, Lovecraftian background plot elements (and a restaurant called Little Innsmouth...operated mainly by a race of fishpeople called Dagonians :P), and a giant man who's part saxophone. What's not to love?

And Beowulf is a Pro Wrestler with a folding chair called The Hurting.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »
Yeah, he's totally not influenced by Kanji Tatsumi in P4 Arena  :P

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
Persona d6 RPG

This looks like fun.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:53 PM »
Persona d6 RPG

This looks like fun.

Sweet! I love Persona, totally gonna use this thing if it's any good.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »
Has RPPR ever given thought to playing "Penny for my thoughts"  I've run it for meetup groups a few times and it's always been a blast.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »
So what will the tone of the Mecha game be?

Real Robot:

Super Robot:

or Gonzo:
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »
Excellent choices for mecha genre examples there CADmonkey!

I believe that Mekton Z supports stuff closer to Gundam, Macross, and Patlabor than Mazinger, Getter Robo, or Megas XLR, though that definitely shouldn't stop them from trying. I'm eager to see if it hits peak goofball and goes all Diebuster or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
I would fully support a Super Robot Wars type game where all genres exist in a Post-Crisis / every world happened continuity.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:20 PM »
I would fully support a Super Robot Wars type game where all genres exist in a Post-Crisis / every world happened continuity.

"There goes Ideon and Gurren Lagann, fucking up everybody's timelines." "Hey man, at least we're not reliving the same events only slightly different, like that 14-year-old outta Tokyo."