Author Topic: What kind of RPPR videos do you want to see from us in the future?  (Read 44078 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
While most of my time is spent working on Base Raiders and producing the regular podcasts, I've been thinking about what kind of video content we should produce in the future. Obviously, the biggest success so far has been the Dread video but all of the videos have gotten a positive response. I'm also thinking we could produce information/educational/tutorial type videos but I'm not sure what we would cover, since we do tabletop RPGs. 

So, thoughts?

Twibbit

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of RPPR videos do you want to see from us in the future?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »
A video that explains and makes gurps combat make sense?

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »
I know Tom has talked in a few episodes about being interested in different miniatures games, and I feel like those are a bit more visual than most of the stuff you guys usually talk about. Perhaps some video of different tabletop mini games and the like?

Also I'd love to see an actual full-length AP of Dread at some point.  ;D

Froggycleric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
First thought, Rppr fight club, but that probably wouldn't be as entertaining without thad as hedonism senator to announce the fights. Miniature gaming could make some interesting videos.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »
Miniatures and top down shot card games would be nice.

My suggestion as x-posted from the FB group: Tom should do a satirical video on how to cheat.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

ThadExMachina

• I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »
I say get a green screen, put in some weird backgrounds, and do some Daily Show-esque "on location" reports from various tabletop universes.
"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:06 PM »
One of the things I really want to see from RPPR is more adversarial/competitive gaming. The APs I like the most are the ones where each person has his own motivations and are not afraid of player conflict, such as the A Dirty World games. If you can bring that outside role-playing games, that would be amazing.

I'd really like to see you guys play videogames that pit you one against the other and where you can ally or screw each other up. Boardgames like Diplomacy, or videogames like Crusader Kings II, DEFCON or even Mario Party. Seriously, I am not kidding about Mario Party, check out this amazing Let's Play by 4 players who ended up almost hating each other. You can also check out the view count in their Youtube videos, almost all of them have 20,000 views or more. And rightly so, they screw each other over during the game and it really is hilarious. With a group like RPPR, I think adversarial games that could work very well. Seeing as this is more videogames than actual camera footage, it might be better suited for Raillery. Either ways, I think it would be amazing to see.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
a Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green LARP gone awry...

the Ultimate Rolemaster Critical Hit Chart test (with live test subjects)

a typical Camarilla LARP session (which is strangely like a Paranoia RPG -- you can't do anything without a requisition form; even being able to speak requires one -- those who played in the old org long enough would know of what I joke aboot)

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom at the Gamer Preserve; beware the Codysaur...

Most Obtuse Game with renactments of game play.  I vote Jorune as the first one..."Ok thrid, you come upon a Tarsdak.  Now we enter into Did Time.  What is your Donk?"  and so on ;3
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:49 AM »
One of the things I really want to see from RPPR is more adversarial/competitive gaming. The APs I like the most are the ones where each person has his own motivations and are not afraid of player conflict, such as the A Dirty World games. If you can bring that outside role-playing games, that would be amazing.

I'd really like to see you guys play videogames that pit you one against the other and where you can ally or screw each other up. Boardgames like Diplomacy, or videogames like Crusader Kings II, DEFCON or even Mario Party. Seriously, I am not kidding about Mario Party, check out this amazing Let's Play by 4 players who ended up almost hating each other. You can also check out the view count in their Youtube videos, almost all of them have 20,000 views or more. And rightly so, they screw each other over during the game and it really is hilarious. With a group like RPPR, I think adversarial games that could work very well. Seeing as this is more videogames than actual camera footage, it might be better suited for Raillery. Either ways, I think it would be amazing to see.

What did you think of The Warriors? http://raillery.tv/2012/06/the-warriors-rumble-mode-part-1/ and http://raillery.tv/2012/07/the-warriors-rumble-mode-part-2/

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »

What did you think of The Warriors? http://raillery.tv/2012/06/the-warriors-rumble-mode-part-1/ and http://raillery.tv/2012/07/the-warriors-rumble-mode-part-2/

It's a good start, but what I really want to see is a game that allows player to ally with each other and backstabbing said allies, as opposed to just playing multiplayer versus games. I think player conflict is something that the RPPR group could do wonderfully well and something that a lot of people would like to see.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
Interviews with PCs, I'm thinking "Real World" style with things like Gerard and SAIROC talking about eachother.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 01:52:23 AM »
Found a game we can all try: http://crypticsea.com/subrosa/

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

We'll need some RPPR fans though to fill out the ranks.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »
Count me in! name the time and place and I'll be there ;D

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
I'm getting more into the group gaming thing. I'll give it a try.

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
Sounds fun; I'd like to join in.