Author Topic: The RPPR Know Evil Fan Creation Contest  (Read 194026 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: The RPPR Know Evil Fan Creation Contest
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »
If you had photoshop skills, you could do an ad for space lumber or write up a memo about its usage. The possibilities are endless!

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2013, 02:18:59 PM »
When/if I run Eclipse Phase I plan to steal the idea that any time I run into a issue of inability to describe the future I will just add Space or Future to the front of any modern concept. Future Twitter and Space Coffee Mug and such.

Also I do believe in order to get the emphasis when reading it should be SPACE lumber.

If you have ever seen that episode of Invader Zim when Spaaace Meeeeat is mentioned, you will hear the emphasis I was hearing while writing this (text does not have the same delivery). Besides I was channeling the delta fork of Douglas Adams while writing this and DNA would never stoop so low as to use all caps when deadpan delivery will suffice.

Deadpan delivery?!? I think we need an emergency viewing of every Jim Carey movie in order to beat that out of you. In this here US of A we only approve of the humor that Jesus used, slapstick.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

helios1014

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
When/if I run Eclipse Phase I plan to steal the idea that any time I run into a issue of inability to describe the future I will just add Space or Future to the front of any modern concept. Future Twitter and Space Coffee Mug and such.

Also I do believe in order to get the emphasis when reading it should be SPACE lumber.

If you have ever seen that episode of Invader Zim when Spaaace Meeeeat is mentioned, you will hear the emphasis I was hearing while writing this (text does not have the same delivery). Besides I was channeling the delta fork of Douglas Adams while writing this and DNA would never stoop so low as to use all caps when deadpan delivery will suffice.

Deadpan delivery?!? I think we need an emergency viewing of every Jim Carey movie in order to beat that out of you. In this here US of A we only approve of the humor that Jesus used, slapstick.

Sir, I do recommend that you consult the works of Flannery O'Connor from God's chosen region, the south, before making the declaration that deadpan is unamerican .

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »

Sir, I do recommend that you consult the works of Flannery O'Connor from God's chosen region, the south, before making the declaration that deadpan is unamerican .

Does her work come in either 140 character chunks or in animated gif form? I fear this modern world had ruined me for anything more substantial.

helios1014

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »

Does her work come in either 140 character chunks or in animated gif form? I fear this modern world had ruined me for anything more substantial.

No, but here is a story of her's that makes for a good start: http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~surette/goodman.html

ThadExMachina

• I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:29 AM »
Flannery O'Connor references make my inner English teacher go:

"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Capitalocracy

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »
Here's my entry. It's a short (?) story. This is the first piece of fiction I've written and showed to other people since high school (in other words, in over a decade), so be nice, but be honest. Or don't be nice, just be honest. If anyone has any better feedback than "tldr", I'll take it. It's called The Long Game.

http://gibbermouth.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/the-long-game/

Capitalocracy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
Also, forgot the mention, those who read my entry, I have a question for you. But don't read the question until after reading the story.

[spoiler]Was the ending obvious?[/spoiler]

helios1014

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
Also, forgot the mention, those who read my entry, I have a question for you. But don't read the question until after reading the story.

[spoiler]Was the ending obvious?[/spoiler]

Not a bad piece of work, Perspective is confuse at the end but I enjoyed reading this and would  not mind more stuff like it.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »
From Episode 9, around 1:35 to 1:45
With only a slight modifications to the story timeline

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:18:10 PM by Gorkamorka »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

bidoof

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2013, 01:29:51 AM »
I'm still working on my actual entry (animation takes longer than I thought), but here's a silly thing I did while taking a break from it:
Why there are no space whales in No Evil

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »
Oh man! I think I've found my new forum avatar. That is awesome!

Capitalocracy

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
The whale has an expression on his face like what the hell, man? What did I do? Don't harpoon me, bro!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
The whale has an expression on his face like what the hell, man? What did I do? Don't harpoon me, bro!

It knows what it did: exist.