General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

The RPPR Catchphrase, In-joke, and Obscure Reference Appreciation Station

(1/52) > >>

clockworkjoe:
So it occurs to me that we make references during AP episodes that some listeners may not understand. Thus, I am making a thread that will canonically answer every dumb thing we've said over the course of many, many games. Please ask or answer as many references as you can. I'll start

"A Broken Toy for your Broken Home"

Said by: Tom, usually.

Origin: During a playtest of the Road Trip campaign, (The Sentai Rangers chapter) Jason's character broke a toy and returned it to a NPC  while saying "here's a broken toy for your broken home."

Atlas:

--- Quote from: clockworkjoe on March 25, 2013, 11:59:20 PM ---So it occurs to me that we make references during AP episodes that some listeners may not understand. Thus, I am making a thread that will canonically answer every dumb thing we've said over the course of many, many games. Please ask or answer as many references as you can. I'll start

"A Broken Toy for your Broken Home"

Said by: Tom, usually.

Origin: During a playtest of the Road Trip campaign, (The Sentai Rangers chapter) Jason's character broke a toy and returned it to a NPC  while saying "here's a broken toy for your broken home."

--- End quote ---

You should explain the whole plot and dialogue of Ghostbusters in case someone doesn't get the million references Aaron and Tom make to it.

clockworkjoe:
All the things here and then some: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/trivia?tab=qt

Said by: Tom, Aaron, and Thad.

Origins: Listen... do you smell something?

Tadanori Oyama:
"I walk between the raindrops."
Everybody uses this one; more of a theme than a catch phrase. I assume stolen from AB3's stories since you guys did that one as an audio play.

"I am so sorry"
Aaron's refrain, usually after doing something highly foolish that makes the game more interesting and followed by the other players saying "No, it's okay".

clockworkjoe:

--- Quote from: Tadanori Oyama on March 26, 2013, 12:20:08 AM ---"I walk between the raindrops."
Everybody uses this one; more of a theme than a catch phrase. I assume stolen from AB3's stories since you guys did that one as an audio play.

--- End quote ---

Specifically the Achy Breaky Mythos http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?14851-Achy-Breaky-Mythos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version