Author Topic: BaseRaiders  (Read 319437 times)

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: BaseRaiders
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »
Does this power do what Aaron seems to want his power to do in the Gate 9 game?

Photonic Defender
Power Tier: Extraordinary (-1 refresh)
Physical Force + Range + Area + Unusual: Controlled Effect + Unusual: walls of telekinetic force
Parry + Range + Area +Unusual: Controlled Effect + Unusual: walls of telekinetic force
Strike + Range
Depleted (Major)

Cost: 17 skill points (4+4+11-2)
Description: You have been implanted with a nanotech swarm force field projector.  It allows you to create telekinetic walls of force.  You can use these walls of force to move a zone worth of objects one range away (while not effecting objects you don't want to effect).  You can also use these walls to protect whole groups against attacks one range away (only protecting your friends if you so choose).  You can also blast things with energy one range away.

(Sorry if this is sloppy, I am doing this from memory)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:47:57 PM by Claive »
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #241 on: April 09, 2017, 02:45:12 AM »
Yeah, but that's not what his actual powers are. When we went over power creation, I asked him what he wanted and he said blasting and shielding so I gave him that.

fearjunkie

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2017, 05:02:57 PM »
How would you go about creating a time-stopping power like Dio Brando's The World or the Bend Time ability from Dishonored?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
I would probably use Variable [Scene] with Unusual [Temporal Manipulation] - for example if the variable is used for an attack, then it can only be defended by resist damage, not dodge or parry, since that requires the character to move. If the character chooses dodge then only attacks with Zone or have some kind of property that can't be countered by stopping time would work. Otherwise the character automatically dodges the attack.

Snag [minor]: only powers that can be replicated by temporal manipulation can be chosen.

This would require a good deal of GMing to figure out which powers would work against it and which ones wouldn't.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes

This could be handy if you're blanking on concepts for superhero bases. It'd be extra handy if you have the Vintage Villainy supplement.

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2017, 01:39:49 AM »
When you're raiding a base for evidence proving the mayor is corrupt and you tell everyone not to take super drugs or you'll go to prison but then your idiot teammate locks himself in an irradiated reactor chamber and you have a super soldier serum that can bust the door down but then the rest of your teammates show up and ask what happened to the drugs that you said not to take

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:33:01 AM by Jace911 »

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
Also is there some sort of errata on how power tiers work that Ross and co. are using for the Gate 9 campaign? I know in the book each tier gives a +1d6 for every level of difference (I half remember either errata or a fan rule simplifying that to +3), but it sounds like the way they're playing now the tier bonus doesn't actually give a boost to the roll? Or has the bonus only ever applied to opposed checks and I've been doing it wrong this entire time by giving players the tier bonus to all rolls?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2017, 02:00:58 AM »
 We are also using alternate rules for power tiers as posted on the Base Raiders website: http://www.baseraiders.com/2014/06/18/alternate-rules-for-power-tiers/

I’ve been using these for years now simply because they’re faster than the standard Strange Fate rules. I have not updated the book PDF because that makes it different than the print book and that’s a hassle.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2017, 08:38:24 AM »
So I'm finishing up FATEizing the scenario I wrote a long time ago and I'm coming into trouble with a ninja super power source (ninja coke, it's the essential salts of second-rate ninjas). The problem I have that I've gotten the other skills down in cost but this one keeps staying around 20. I've tried breaking it up but that's not much of a payoff for the extra refresh and eventual upgrading costs.

So, Help? Has anyone done some ninja powers before and how did you do it?

To answer my own cry for help, this is where I've got it now:
Ninja Coke:
Ninjas in your brain 16 points, Superhuman tier (-2 refresh)
Parry (1) Strike (1) x2 Dexterity (1) x1 Stealth (1) x1 Security (1) x1 notice (1) Guile (1) x1 Convince (1) x1 Insight (1) Initiative [physical] (2)
Complication: Never alone up here -1
Complication: They have cravings -1
The basic idea is the spirits of everyone to use the dust before you now live within you, you see them as semi-transparent people offering advice, pointing at where to strike and giving you advice. [New powers can be added by finding useful corpses and rendering them down.]

Other things
I redid the Bismuth Saber because I've tossed it into this one: I think it needs a bit of tweaking but:
Bangles of the Bismuth Archer
Supporting Saber
12 skill points, superhuman -2 refresh
Security (1) x1 Notice (1) Notice +unusual: see magic (2), Languages (1), Examine (1) x1 Information, x1 Research+unusual (by looking at a thing) 2 Willpower (1) x3 Insight (1) (13)
Transformation (Minor -1) replace one aspect with “Determined Backup”
Conviction (Minor -1) “I must help them first.”
Traumatic -1
Focus (Minor-1)

Bismuth Bow of Destiny
4 skill points, extraordinary -1 refresh
Notice+Unusual (2: Find weakness) Shoot+unusual+range, (4)
Focus (Minor-1)
Delay (Minor-1) transformation
Description: The Bow of Destiny is a traditional Japanese longbow made from Bismuth crystals that fires glowing rainbow arrows of crystal shards. The unusual aspect allows the arrows to activate any allergy if the archer has identified it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:50:13 AM by Teapot »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2017, 03:31:42 PM »
Why do you so need so many trappings for Ninja Coke? Convince doesn't seem applicable to a ninja skill. Also, are you paying for the transfer lines between trappings? If you want a cheaper skill, add more limitations - snag [minor]: Must wear traditional ninja costume to use skill - up the complications to [major] for 2 more points.

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
Hit the 'random page' on the Superpower wiki a few times and used the results to get some power ideas:

Ectoplasm Manipulation
  • Ectoplasmic Bolts (2) (Shoot + Range, Shoot + Spray, Major Complication: Corporeality Dysfunction Disorder, Major Snag: Only works on targets with a soul.)
  • Ectokinetic Shield (3) (Parry + Spray, Resist Damage, Minor Delay)
  • Ghost Flight (1) (Move+Unusual, Minor Complication: Allergic to Sage)

Magical Sword - I went a bit obscure with this and made Skofnung
  • Skofnung (2) (Minions+Unusual <Berserker Spirit Bodyguards>, Conviction: Rightful King of Denmark (Or So I Think)), Parry, Strike, Minor Focus)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:00:12 PM by fearjunkie »

riderv3

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:33 AM »
Got a power question for the hive mind - say you found the Silver Arm of Nuada, the god-king of the Tuatha Danann, king of the fae gods and all that good stuff. What would it do?

fearjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
Got a power question for the hive mind - say you found the Silver Arm of Nuada, the god-king of the Tuatha Danann, king of the fae gods and all that good stuff. What would it do?

Don't know what it does, but the Dagda probably wants to take it from you.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
So I took some trappings off and upped the disadvantages a bit, it's now in a reasonable cost. I think the reason I tried to stuff so much in it is because when I was making the powers for ORE, it was a 75 point (I think) power and being full of hyper dice and not much else it kind of gave all the skills and I was still in that mindset.

constructacon

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2017, 12:20:41 AM »

from what little i know of Gaelic mythology i would say that, depending on how much you wanted to spend, it would be kinda basic. while it could be basic superhuman "stats," the thing he was known for was that he was an expert in how to use any weapon. to that end i would probably stat it out as an equipment gift/or power that increases the tier of all weapon skills probably to a max of extraordinary. meaning while you might be a badass with any sword or gun they are still mortal weapons and bullets still bounce off some supers.