Author Topic: BaseRaiders  (Read 320108 times)

D6xD6 - Chris

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: BaseRaiders
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  My cheap way to avoid that was to have the drugs housed in giant, scary epidural injection guns.  A player could probably steal one extra if they wanted, but it would be quite difficult to hide two from the other players, and they would still have to get the drugs out of the base and the combat zone on the surface intact.

Rustbucket

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »
Small suggestion? If the players collaborated they could still smuggle a large amount of the guns around. If instead the formulas and injections were housed in a machine that filled the guns on command you could use Time as a limiting factor to keep them from loading up. There is only enough time for them each to receive one, may two injections before the room collapses.
Power Armor: They don't build it like they used to... trust me I've looked for replacement parts.

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »
Yeah, time was already a factor, but I like the machine idea.  Thanks for the suggestions!

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »
I just wanted to chime in and say that I am having a blast designing skills for the football-themed introductory game of Base Raiders. 

And that I cannot wait for Mertyl, the retired school secretary pre-gen,  to take a super soldier drug and become THE WALL, with superhuman strength and damage resistance. ..

With the complication that she will become big and fat.  :D

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 05:18:48 PM »
So... If you have psychic on multiple instances of Variable does psychic get applied to each instance of variable or does it get applied to the stack.

I.E., If you have "Variable [Session] X6 + Psychic" does it cost 2X6+1 =13 or (2+1) X6 = 18?
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
13 points.

Leshrac

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
So I am planning out a campagin myself now and working on a starting idea to give them a semi random and very limited power before they actually pick thier more permenant powers.

Its somewhat referenced in the book when talking about Biomancer and the patches he developed that generate powers that last for 24 hours only.

My question is what would your recommendation for building powers like that be?
My thoughts would be:
-A highly rated flaw?  It doesnt really fit into the full limit of one flaw..so maby a "Charges" but worth 4 or 6.
-Just assuming their gonna go a share over and just let the only option for the Miscability Effect be "Temporary"

Which one do you think would work better?  Or do you have another idea?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:46:14 PM by Leshrac »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54:12 AM »
I'll probably write up the patches in a future PDF supplement and create a new rule mandating that all patch-based powers have the temporary miscibility consequence. So, yeah, I would give them all that consequence.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »
I'm curious, how do you suppose the base raiders powers interaction system and what not would work in little fears? It's something that I mused this morning: Fort Raiders? 
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
I don't remember any superpower system for PC kids in Little Fears - I know they have belief powers but those only work against monsters/supernatural stuff

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 01:51:16 PM »
While no it doesn't have a standard superpower system, the believe system (as far as I've seen) could possibly be used for some very similar means. almost like kids "playing pretend superheroes" and going to different tree forts and "secret bases" in there neighborhood. Like I said it was something that crossed my mind and I was curious to see if there were any other ideas/opinions on the matter.
Liquid Water?

Leshrac

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
So I was playing with this thing to test skills:
http://apopheniaevolved.com/content/kerberos_club_custom_skill_generator

Just testing the values and replicating variants of skills..and I noticed something wierd that I couldnt quite figure ot if its a function of the skill tree that I am missing or a glitch in the program.

So I was replicating this power to make some changes to it:
FLYING DRAGON STYLE ( 8 )
Power Tier: Extraordinary (-1 Refresh)
Leap, Strike, Dodge, Initiative [Physical]
Minor Snag (-1): Needs open space to fight effectively
with this style.

And when I did it in the order that was listed it kept on coming up as a Skill Value of 6.

I fiddled with it a bit more..and added the trappings in a different order..and then it came up as a 10.

So..that was even more confusing...

So I added them one by one watching the numbers more closely:
Set Leap (cost 1)
Add Strike (cost 6) : This makes sense so far.
Add Dodge (Cost 5):  Wait what?
Is their a intersection the Kerberos Trappings that adding dodge causes that doesnt exist in this setting?

Additionally..when I follow the map..it comes out as 9
Leap (1)
Strike (6)
Dodge (8)
Init (phy) (10)
Min Snag (9)

Im trying to figure out where I am getting lost in the numbers..and if the custom skills generator is glitchy..because if it is..i might not be able to use it.

(alternatively..if my computer is for some reason scrambling the javascript...has happened)

Ezechiel357

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 02:42:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I believe the system is glitchy as you said.

I had similar experiences and I believe Ross aswell.

I do believe that the system is quite ok as long as you take trapping link together, but it becomes less reliable when there are gaps.
For NPC, it is okay since DM enjoy the All-Mighty license to do whatever (it still allows to guesstimate the power of NPCs), but for PC creation, I believe paper and pen is more accurate.

Leshrac

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
Unfortunately, I believe the system is glitchy as you said.

I had similar experiences and I believe Ross aswell.

I do believe that the system is quite ok as long as you take trapping link together, but it becomes less reliable when there are gaps.
For NPC, it is okay since DM enjoy the All-Mighty license to do whatever (it still allows to guesstimate the power of NPCs), but for PC creation, I believe paper and pen is more accurate.

Did Ross say in the thread that it was a little glitchy as well.  I must have missed that. :)

Good.  Im glad its not just me.

If someone else wanted to perhaps redo this for BR..or do a variant on it in some other format (excel, flash, html) id love it. :)

Leshrac

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 03:26:31 AM »
I have had a few rambling questions, but I wanted to share my positive expereince with the game so far.

Campaign Intro
--------------------
So...I made some changes to the starting questions...they were all motivated people..who managed to get themselves so in over their head that they got in debt with the mob..so they had to owe the mob three favors..favors they knew were enforced by something powerful....they then had to do a few small favors..and then one big favor: Clean the threats out of this base...take one thing..then notify us...then your free of us (as if).

To aid in their project.  They were each given two patches with the Biomancer Logo on them.  Unstable Mutagen Packs.  And told very carefully to not use more than one at a time.

These patches:  Variable (Session) x6 -Taxing, Minor Delay.  As patches they always triggered the Temporary Miscability and also the lower level -1health boxes.

So the only info I gave them on the base..is that it was under a parking lot in a church in town.  So then we go through the base creation..and what to they build:  Aliens.

I dont mean just like its an alien base..they construct a base that is clearly gonna generate the same visceral horror as the Aliens movie.

Suffuice it to say they are all deeply traumatized and only 1/2 way through the base.

So far the temp powers they have..one on each character is:
(I dont have the sheets with me for the exact breakdown)
-Psychic Growths:  Enhanced Senses, and Psychic attack
-Technopsychic: Hacking, Programming and Dissasembly Skills.
-Crystal Claws: Combat Brutaly, Attack, Dexterity (They change shape), and Menace

I am excited to see how they deal with the hive queen when the find her and realize the reason this self aware alien breeding ship didnt overrun the city is that the Ideal contained it for research, the people they are working for want to disable and harvest all the protections...potentially not caring about the side effects.

Additionally..im curious having played with some minor powers..what sort of powers they will want after they actualy get a chance to loot the small trophy room (The Ideal was nothing if not efficient, and since they had sealed the base anyways and could teleport in..they started storing dangerous or unwanted tech in it).

If people want more I can continue to share...