Author Topic: Wow... The Backlog  (Read 20387 times)

Kemlin Dragos

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Wow... The Backlog
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »
Disclaimer: In no way, shape, or form am I complaining in this post. I am genuinely awed at the amount of gaming and grateful that the crew takes the time to share those games with us..

So i think last night as I was listening to the latest podcast, I began to wrap my mind around how much of a backlog of games the crew has. I mean we are two games away from being done with Know Evil, who knows how many more episodes of New Arcadia, and from the forums and podcasts I think I know of at least one more Campaign that might be done (Fortunes of War), and at least three other Campaigns that I think are going on now(Better Angels, Pathfinder, and Nights Black Agents), plus all the in between one shots. I am blown away. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Wow... The Backlog
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:32:24 AM »
Fortunes of War is done.

Better Angels fell apart.

Tribes of Tokyo is ongoing.

Pathfinder is ongoing.

Plus we have numerous one shots in the can.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »

I was wondering why we hadn't heard more about that. Bummer.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:04:35 AM »

I am extremely saddened by this news.

Gorkamorka

• Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »
What made better angels not work?
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
Actually I'd like to know that if it's something about the game; I had to change some of the games I'm doing for GenCon to Better Angels.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »
campaigns don't work in better angels unless every player shows up for every game - even one absence kills it because each player is role playing 2 characters - their human and someone's demon. 

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:42:51 AM »
campaigns don't work in better angels unless every player shows up for every game - even one absence kills it because each player is role playing 2 characters - their human and someone's demon.

I was thinking that Better Angels may be more suited to One-Shot play simply for that reason. Either that or you need to run it with a very small group of 2-3 people. Its a shame it fell through though, I was looking forward to Aaron being corrupted by power.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »
Seems so obvious when you actually say it; I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me.

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »
Is Iron Heroes next up after Know Evil? I loved the two episodes we got for supporting Base Raiders.

[spoiler]Caleb: "Get in the fucking door, Aaron." With Jason's euphoric "Yes" when I assume Aaron horribly failed a roll previously, that was one of the funniest moments I've ever heard.[/spoiler]
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:13:10 PM »
Iron Heroes has been fun. "Five dollars. On the table." I nearly collapsed in my kitchen.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
I actually did not listen to iron heros since I listen to them as a walk each night and if I burn through them when they do show up I don't have anything to listen to.

That being said as much as I have liked Know Evil and I am fine with Heros but the super hero genre is not my cup of tea I do actually like the one shots or very small arc games. Hoping you have a lot of those in the hopper for consumption.

crawlkill

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • helo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 10:54:51 AM »
oh nooo poor Better Angels! are we gonna listen to the frustrating abortion of a campaign that is whatever did get recorded, or just blot out the memory and skip it?

I've said this on comment threads before but the post-per-five-days instead of post-per-week format feels like a much faster clip. ...maybe not enough ever to catch up to the present, but still! I love it. did Fall Without End ever make it onto the main podcast? or was Kickstarter participation so high that there wasn't much point? if anyone's missed out on the mountain dangers, they deserve them.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure Fall Without End and Red Tower haven't been put on the main podcast yet. Ross will probably save those for GenCon/vacation updates.

Kemlin Dragos

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

What about the crews run of "Lover Before the Ice"? I know Caleb linked to some of the guys from The Drunk and the Ugly playing it for their backer reward, but I thought he said during our backer game that the RPPR crew had playtested it and "Thad was in full Hunter S. Thompson". Would not want to miss that game.