Author Topic: Kickstarting for a kickstarter  (Read 13092 times)

helios1014

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Kickstarting for a kickstarter
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:50:59 PM »
Okay, this may seem like an insane idea but Posthuman Studios has listed for their Transhuman Kickstarter the backer level of Fabbing Business where, and those does require calling the guys at posthuman first, you give them at least $2,500 dollars and they will allow you a contract to publish a sourcebook for Eclipse Phase. I don't believe Caleb has that kind of cash lying around but if he can get the guys at posthuman onboard, maybe he can get a kickstarter of his own going for finally releasing Know Evil on the public.

So this would essentially be Caleb starting a kickstarter to pump money into another kickstarter. This seems like an insane idea but I am ready to swear to Caleb for this one.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarting for a kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:29:48 AM »
2500 is a bit steep for a single product. It might easily by around 50 to 25% of the top of any kickstarter he runs to fund the book. But if the 2500 will allow him more then a single product I could see this being worth it. 

Also I would love to know if Caleb has pitched Know Evil to PHstudios and what the reply was.  It's pointless to raise 2500 for something he has already sold to them.

But on the whole, I have some  juicy foreign currency with Calebs money written all over it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:49:07 AM by Gorkamorka »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:44:14 AM »
Okay, this may seem like an insane idea but Posthuman Studios has listed for their Transhuman Kickstarter the backer level of Fabbing Business where, and those does require calling the guys at posthuman first, you give them at least $2,500 dollars and they will allow you a contract to publish a sourcebook for Eclipse Phase. I don't believe Caleb has that kind of cash lying around but if he can get the guys at posthuman onboard, maybe he can get a kickstarter of his own going for finally releasing Know Evil on the public.

So this would essentially be Caleb starting a kickstarter to pump money into another kickstarter. This seems like an insane idea but I am ready to swear to Caleb for this one.

Thanks for the confidence helios1014 and Gorkamorka. You are correct in assuming I do not have the money. I have, however, pitched the books to PHStudioes multiple times without reply. Obviously, they've been pretty dang busy with Transhuman, but I sent another email last night asking about the Fabbing Business reward. If I can't afford it now, I asked if the Fabbing Business level was their standard license  price.

I'm proud of Know Evil and would love to publish one day. It's not like I ignore all the kind requests we get for it. It just isn't entirely up to me when and how it sees the light of day, you know?

helios1014

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »
Anything for you Caleb. Also, while I have your ear, what was the process for writing Know Evil? Did you have the villainous Plot preconceived or was it something that emerged after the team managed to destroy two habitats.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
I would certainly toss a few of dollars at this idea if for no other reason than the meta idea of a kickstarter to fund a different kickstarter. Getting to eventually receive a No Evil PDF is gravy at that point. Delicious transhuman gravy.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
Delicious transhuman gravy.

ITS PEOPLE!  GRAVY IS PEOPLE!

ThadExMachina

• I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 04:46:40 AM »

Of course it is. Just make sure you get Long Pig brand. Soylent Gravy varies too much from person to person.
"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »

Of course it is. Just make sure you get Long Pig brand. Soylent Gravy varies too much from person to person.

Is Long Pig free range and cruelty free? I don't want none of that vat grown, fluoride added, GMO human my gravy.

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »
Out in the brink we more or less eat our own poop after it's been remade into another cheeseburger, human sounds like a nice change.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
I'd be interested in knowing how many of the people involved in the Transhuman Kickstarter are pledging ( or increased their pledges when the $30K goal was announced) because of RPPR.  That'd be some good market data.

Capitalocracy

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »
Well, I for one know Eclipse Phase is a thing because of RPPR, and I'm definitely going to be donating (closer to the end, when I have a better idea how much I'll be able to give)