Author Topic: Heroes' Club : An illustrated M & M adventure  (Read 6180 times)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Heroes' Club : An illustrated M & M adventure
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »
I've recently started a Mutants & Masterminds game (my first one ever) with 3 of my friends and we all had a lot of fun. The first session was started at Power Level 5, but as most of the players didn't like their characters build and we established a few house rules (such as no longer allowing the power to teleport), we had another game yesterday, now at power level 6. I'm in charge of the game, but we decided to have two people GM each session so everyone gets to play a bit and when one mission is finished, the second GM has another one planned out. I'm drawing sketches to go along with my account of the various adventure of the Heroes' Club, an organization established to bring order in Montreal. It is currently 2015, in a world filled without various superheroes and supervillains. Most cities have superheroes' group protecting them except our hometown, who lost their when they were attached to a rocket and sent to the sun by some mad scientist vampire... robot... or something.

As it still takes some time to draw the sketches, I'll gradually post the story as I'm finished with them. Feel free to comment and ask questions or tell me I'm an awful GM. I GM the first game, I'll say the first name of each player and GM at the end of chapters

Chapter 1: The rescue

Our story starts with a peculiar man. As the alarms echoes in the metal hallways of a mysterious facility, he runs along with three other guards toward an unknown destination. He has no idea how he came to be here, how long he's been here or why he wears a weird collar. He only knows the simple fact that he has to kill the intruder. The three other guards next to him don't wear any collars and hide behind masks, but he can't think too much about that or his headaches starts.

As they arrive in one of the security offices, a man clad in a black spandex with red blood-like patterns and enough guns to arm a military squad is bent over a computer. Next to him a hole was blown through the wall where a tunnels can be seen beyond. All four men get in position and raises their submachine guns, the collared man despite himself.

"Shoot the intruder" says one of the guards.

The man in spandex responds, "My name is not 'intruder'..."

They three guards immediately opened fire and the fourth one shortly after that. Deathkill pulled out his own submachine gun and in his turn opened fire at the guards. Bullets we're flying everywhere and none seem to be touching the intruder. While the guards we're getting mowed down, the collard man kept shooting when a bullet hit his collar shattering it at impact. His immediate thought was "Louis.... my name is Louis." as he fell on his back.

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: Heroes' Club : An illustrated M & M adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
MMMOOOOOOOREEE!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »
Yeah, each sketch actually takes some time, although it might not look like it. So I'll update each time I have some free time to draw a few.

The voice inside of Louis' head disappeared. He regained control of his limbs and his headache finally ebbed. Although he could remember his name, he couldn't remember much more.

Deathkill slowly approached him and spoke:

"I'm here to rescue you. Get up and follow me. The rest are down this hallway."

With that, he started running and Louis followed him.

"Where are we? What is happening?" asked Louis as he caught up.

"We currently are in a secret laboratory where Dr. Trudeau performs experiments in mind-control, gene splicing and bio-modifications. I believe he's contracted to build an army. I've been sent here by my employer to gather info and rescue those I come across."

He opened a door and they entered a chamber that contained several experiments. Inside large liquid-filled glass containers were former human turned monsters through gene splicing, fed and kept alive through tubes. Deathkill went to the console next to the closest tube and inserted a disk.

"Watch out for guards while I'm busy," he said.

Soon enough, the liquid was drained from the containers and they opened. Several footsteps could be heard coming down the opposing passage. Deathkill and Louis helped the monsters detach the several tubes attached to their bodies and sent them running down the hallway as they freed each one.  One particular monster stood in shock when he discovered he had lizard scales and an extra pair of arms. Next to him, stood a mix between a tiger and an armadillo with quills that nervously flapped his fish wings.

Down the hallway went an spider-looking guy followed by an enormous walrus man. After freeing a goblinoid, Deathkill quick went to see one that had his skin seemingly burnt and melt. He also had bubbles under his skin slowly forming on his shoulder and back popping once in a while releasing weird brown-green liquid. When Deathkill approached, the burnt fellow hit him with both fists and ran away in the direction the others took.

As Deathkill hit the ground, three soldiers arrived with gas-masks and shot canisters in the room. The two last monsters finally got in motion and fled while Louis helped Deathkill back on his feet. They both managed to escape the room before the gas released from the canister started to take effect.

Down the hallway, the found a heavy metal security door that crushed the spider-looking guy, only the combined strength of the lizardman, the tiger-armadillo and Louis did they managed to open the door. They continued their way past the goblinoid who's neck was snapped and arrived at the room Deathkill made his explosive entrance.

There, 24 armed guards opened fire on them.

Zeernebooch

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
Full.Of. WIN.
I especially like the idea of the Mad Vampire-robot-Scientist-thingy.
DEATHKILL!
Welcome to dying! I don't let it out! Welcome to dying! Look to the mirror it
shows what I am! Welcome to dying!This town must burn now! Welcome to dying!
Can't you see the dragon's seed bears in me, the one who's been before!
-- Welcome to Dying by Blind Guardian