Author Topic: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up  (Read 89336 times)

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Good luck man. Hope it works out.

It was a bit of cluster. I ended up getting to entering in my payment device once and got timed out. Then a second time I got into the queue to get to the site and after five minutes that timed out. The third time I got through the whole thing, at least I got a confirmation email. We shall see if I actually have a room or not.

I shutter to check my credit card to see if if I got two auths on it from the first attempt but I will leave that for a different day.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
Thanks; I'm sure it'll be fine. Got six months for people to cancel and what not. Worst case I just have to shuttle in each day from the hotel.

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
You would have thought that the people behind GenCon would have looked over the number of attendees last year and planned for more rooms then before.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the registration goes through. Last thing I want to do is take the shuttle to the Con in a giant foam suit of armor. Maybe the weather will be the same as last year making it bearable to walk around outside. 

Marik

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have an extra room attached to the conference center for the duration of Gencon. It's booked outside of the block and quite pricey. This was my back up room if I couldn't get one through the block. Luckily I snagged a room at the Hyatt through the housing block. So now I have a room at the downtown Marriott that I don't need. I can cancel it at no cost to me but if someone wants a room close I'd be willing to transfer the room to them.

I figured I'd make the offer here before I offer it up at the Gencon forums.

Reply or PM me for details.

Marik

BishopSansPants

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 10:59:06 PM »
I am going but unfortunately I'm staying at one of the outlying hotels. Even factoring in paying for parking, my Hilton discount was too good to pass up. Hope to see you guys there, in any case!

Harrowed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »
I'm going again as well, I missed the meet up last year.

The perks of my wife being a travel agent ... avoiding the GenCon housing block.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »
The list of Gen Con events goes up tomorrow night (Friday the 9th) at 9pm eastern! Can we still expect games from Ross and Caleb at the show?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
I don't remember this constant tweeking of games from last time; possibily because I had somebody else enter them last time. I've gotten like two dozen e-mails about "updates" on my games. Apparently there is a difference between 'Approved' and 'AA Aproved'.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
At least it is not constant twerking of the games.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
Sunday is event registration day.

Do we have a tentative day and time for the meet up? I'd rather not schedule something over lapping this year.

Thanks,
Marik

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
The usual meet-up day has been Thursday around 6:00 p.m. (Though last year we did movie it to Friday because of scheduling conflicts).
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
Me and my brother will be at the meet-up location early with a marker of some kind so folks can find the gathering.

We used to do the lobby/bar at the Embassy but that got really crowded. Last year's plan of meeting at the bar of the Hyatt and them moving to a conference room worked great.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
Will there be punch and pie?

I apologize but someone had to say it.

I believe this was covered last year but unsure if it ever got resolved in the thread. What is the policy on drinkables? I presume as long as you buy from the hotel bar they are Ok. I also seem to remember Caleb saying he was going to drown himself in cheap domestic that I would imagine he brought himself so unsure of the policy. I have no allusions to attempt to match a professional writer such as Caleb in any form of drinking contest but I could see a beer or two or possibly a mixed drink in my future as policy allows.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »
We don't generally stay at the bar, we just meet there. So you can bring drinks with you the bar just prefers you not drink then in the bar. The bar is right next to the lobby so you don't have to actually come into the bar at all, you can stay in the lobby until we're ready to go elsewhere.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
Reviewing the schedule of events I see that "Delta Green: The Roleplaying Game" panel is going to be 8:00pm on Thursday night, right in the middle of the meet up. Worse, it's in the Crowne Plaza which is on the far side fo the convention from were we normally meet for the get together.

Are we gonna do like we've done in the past when the timing of these events has cross over and go to the panel as a group? (ID: SEM1459823 for those who want to sign up, and please do sign up: they count the tickets to figure future spacing). Or maybe we could do a dinner break in the mid-point; take like an hour and a half and whoever wants to can go to the presentation and everyone else can do whatever and we meet back someplace again? That would give us more options for food than the weird pizza place in the Hyatt.

Also, I have several games up this year:
Two instances of my Livewell Institute scenario:
RPG1460968
RPG1460969

And a new one called "File Duty" which steals some concepts from Lover in the Ice:
RPG1460970