Author Topic: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up  (Read 89345 times)

Harrowed

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »
I've often thought about watching a History channel style show narrated by Adam Scott Glancy. Something like "Drunk History" where you get the narration and then have actors match it, not the actual historical events. I invision a story that keeps jumping from horrible event or horrible event across time and distance.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2014, 06:53:08 PM »
Sadly it seems the USPS has lost my con packet which is less than cool. Apparently it can be reprinted at customer service but I am told getting into the con door via will call or customer service is not for the feint of heart. I am getting in at 8AM on Thursday so hopefully I can beat some of the crazy hordes but if you see a broken man wailing in pain and confusion at customer service have pity on him for that man might be me. I mean likely it is not me because it will all be fine but it could be.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:11 AM »
Sadly it seems the USPS has lost my con packet which is less than cool. Apparently it can be reprinted at customer service but I am told getting into the con door via will call or customer service is not for the feint of heart. I am getting in at 8AM on Thursday so hopefully I can beat some of the crazy hordes but if you see a broken man wailing in pain and confusion at customer service have pity on him for that man might be me. I mean likely it is not me because it will all be fine but it could be.

I ran in the exact same situation last year and the people at the badge pick-up counter were very understanding. As long as you have sufficent documentation to prove you are who you say you are then you should be okay. I ended up taking my digital receipt, the one that was mailed to me (sans my badge), a copy of my bank statement with the purchase and my photo ID.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »

I ran in the exact same situation last year and the people at the badge pick-up counter were very understanding. As long as you have sufficent documentation to prove you are who you say you are then you should be okay. I ended up taking my digital receipt, the one that was mailed to me (sans my badge), a copy of my bank statement with the purchase and my photo ID.

Listen GenCon customer service person, I totally bought a badge and had tickets to all the really cool games at the most desirable times, you can trust me, I got a trust worthy face don't I.

Actually happily the USPS did have my package sitting in a backroom somewhere and I was able to retrieve it this morning so no having to fight the hordes at customer service. In the immortal words of one of our greatest philosophers, "Looks like everything is coming up Tim."

Gnarlyhotep

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
Hi all, I live in Indy and would love to meet up with some fellow listeners. Is this going to be around 6pm at the Hyatt, have I read this thread right?

BellaJen

• View Profile
    • Eclectic Eccentricities - Where I make Dice into things you can wear!
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »
Getting pretty nervous! Also excited, super excited. Can't wait to check out a new con and to hang out with some awesome people!
So I make neat things out of dice. http://www.etsy.com/shop/eccerose

Obligatory Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/eccerose

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:24 PM »
You kids have fun now!

...someday.  :'(

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »
"The usual meet-up day has been Thursday around 6:00 p.m." BeyondSandrock
"We used to do the lobby/bar at the Embassy but that got really crowded. Last year's plan of meeting at the bar of the Hyatt and them moving to a conference room worked great." Tadanori Oyama

A quick recap so people don't have to go digging through the other pages. Tad and I will be at the meet-up location, like the Hyatt again, early with a marker so folks can find the gathering.

Can't wait to see everyone there.  ;D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »
In order to facilitate communications more easily - I've set up a new GroupMe group for RPPR fans - https://groupme.com/join_group/9334088/kIcxoS

Not know what GroupMe is? It's a free mobile messaging app. With it, we should be able to coordinate more easily during Gencon.

BishopSansPants

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
Sounds good. I joined.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »
We have evolved to speak in only pictures, at least for now.

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »
... baaah-dun... Baaah-dun...
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
We have evolved to speak in only pictures, at least for now.

Soon we shall transcend pictures and take our place amongst the others who speak in Youtube memes as their means of communication.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
BTW i'll be carrying around a pirate box loaded with RPPR episodes - it's a portable wifi media server with a message board built into it - you can leave a message there so I can check it out later.

Also, Caleb and I do have to go to the Posthuman Studios freelancer meeting so we will have to leave around 7 but we will be back after it. Also, with the groupme, we can coordinate additional meetups and games, so get in on that shit.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
Me and some of my friends will deffinetly be showing up for this!  (New to the forums) but I was at the last meet up and can atest to it being a blast and can't wait for it this year!