Author Topic: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up  (Read 89337 times)

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: GenCon 2014 and the 5th RPPR Fan Meet-up
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »
Unless it's time for video APs!

Figured I'd add my swag to this post too!

All of the new stuff acquired!

RPPR button, Shadowrun pin, and a tiny, origami hat folded by Mr. Purple himself, David Dobelman.

Signatures!

Do I really need to say who this is?

Same here?

3/4ths of Posthuman Studios, Brian Cross couldn't make the con. :(

Denis Detwiller's autograph in my copy of Failed Anatomies.

Ken Hite and Robin D. Laws

Monte Cook

Ben Woerner
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:42:11 PM by Kamen »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:47 AM »
Home for about two hours. So tired. Never driving back again. Said that two years ago. Fuck my memory.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
Had a great time at my first GenCon.

Biggest Highlights:
Got to play a game run by Ross Payton who killed not one but two of my characters and then did provide a TPK. In his defense it was a Elder Godlike which is deathly and it was a con game so there was the impulse on the players part to be big dam heros. He was more than fair and was hardly the horrible monster he plays on TV.

Actually playing a game of Nights Black Agents. Really enjoy that game and have been looking to run a game but it never quite has happened.

Going to the Delta Green panel with Ken Hite, Dennis Detwiller, Shane Ivy, Greg Stolze, and Adam Scott Glancy. They had a number of good suggestions for running games but really the highlight were the war stories of all the crazy shit that has happened in, and out, of games to that crew. I would honestly pay money just to listen to that group shoot the shit.

Going to the RPPR meetup and meeting some of you very nice folks.

Biggest Regrets:

I did not buy a copy of Samurai Spirit when I had a chance. Went on Sunday to pick one up and they were sold out.

Not running over to get into Tom or David's CoC game. Would have loved to be a part of that and witness the use of Operate Heavy Machinery.

The Loot (I told myself I was not going to buy anything ... then I did anyway):

Hillfolk
Eternal Lies
Unspeakable Oath 28 and 29

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
Awesome swag Noah.  I had to get my autographed Night's Black Agents book off Ebay.

BellaJen

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Eccentricities - Where I make Dice into things you can wear!
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2014, 12:11:08 PM »
So we had an absolute blast at our first Gencon! We also booked for next year so we will be back and hopefully have a booth in a better spot. =)

It was totally awesome to hang out with all of the RPPR folks and the rest of the fans. Had so much fun playing Channel A with everyone. I will make sure to bring that game again next year.

Don't have any cool lewts to show off. George got a couple of books he wanted and I got more dice. 

Glad the RPPR guys all liked their gifts. It was really nice to see the looks of shock on all your faces. =)

Was totally psyched that we got to play in an RPPR game, thanks Aaron for including us! Team Grand Theft Medic might need to make a return just so we can hang out with bureaucrat bear again.

Can't wait to do this all again next year.

So I make neat things out of dice. http://www.etsy.com/shop/eccerose

Obligatory Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/eccerose

BishopSansPants

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2014, 08:34:13 AM »
It was a good time. Marching with a giant standard between the Hyatt and JW was one of the more surreal experiences of my life. I didn't sit at the Channel A table and I missed the photo op on account of paying my tab, but I still had a blast and met some cool people.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2014, 12:00:03 PM »
It was a good time. Marching with a giant standard between the Hyatt and JW was one of the more surreal experiences of my life. I didn't sit at the Channel A table and I missed the photo op on account of paying my tab, but I still had a blast and met some cool people.

Those colors never did run!

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2014, 07:31:36 PM »
The colors did not run, they sprinted forth ahead the might marching band of pod-casters! Their banner's proud colors ever touch the ground!

After the painting was finished and paint dry, I put 2 spray coatings of Matte Varnish so that the paint wouldn't be harmed during any travel processes or flack/crack. This years GenCon was the best I've ever been too. I hope that next years will surpass this years.

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »
Sorry for the double post but this is for Aaron.

THE PROTOMEN!: http://i.imgur.com/9NLKWgb.jpg