Author Topic: The Strangest Places You've Listened to RPPR?  (Read 51929 times)

RadioactiveBeer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: The Strangest Places You've Listened to RPPR?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:32 AM »
Changeling: The Lost.

KyunaKyuna

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 05:16:14 AM »
Hi,

This is necro thread, but I was listening Bayou Beatdown yesterday, with Sparkles the Unicorn.  And I was in Nairobi, Kenya, taking a different route home to avoid a riot.  Sparkles seemed very appropriate, a mix of violence and silliness.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »
Hi,

This is necro thread, but I was listening Bayou Beatdown yesterday, with Sparkles the Unicorn.  And I was in Nairobi, Kenya, taking a different route home to avoid a riot.  Sparkles seemed very appropriate, a mix of violence and silliness.

holy shit dude

These riots? http://www.voanews.com/content/kenyan-police-break-up-protests-against-election-body/3341934.html

icephisherman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 12:03:16 AM »
I'm an avid hiker, so both on the Appalachian Trail and the John Muir Trail. Duck Pass in Mammoth Lakes, CA was my highest at over 10,800 feet above sea level from around 9100 5.5 miles earlier as I started before the trail head. Plants refuse to grow at some point and its all rock. Descend a few hundred feet and you have gorgeous lakes and tree, grass and shrubs. I also live at sea level so being up there was this amazing slog because even after I got acclimated I wasn't acclimated. The air was just too thin.

http://www.hikingwalking.com/files/US/CA/duck_pass/lrg_ca_P1330833.jpg

Picture for reference. See all of those mountains in the distance? About on par for height with a few of those.

Also I went to Yosemite afterward but it's ridiculously full of tourists and boring now because the drought has made the lakes and waterfalls into trickles back when I went.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:05 AM »
Wow! I just got into hiking and that looks very cool. I am not nearly at that level yet though.

Talynthia5280

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:13 PM »
I've listened to the podcast while stuck in traffic in the Eisenhower/Johnson tunnel with thousands of metric tonnes of rock over my head, trying not to have a panic attack. Also, while skiing and snowshoeing in Summit County, Colorado when I lived there.

Lately, I've been running down the backlog of AP's and recent the Red Markets stuff. I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned while listening to the Brutalists drown out the noise of the ultrasonic teeth scraping device.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »
Never thought to listen to podcasts at the dentist. Might have made my wisdom teeth extraction more bearable.

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
Never thought to listen to podcasts at the dentist. Might have made my wisdom teeth extraction more bearable.

It would beat the shitty daytime television they always have on at mine. I'll try it next time. Fortunately back when I had my own wisdom teeth pulled ten years or so ago, they knocked my ass out cold.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Redroverone

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:30 AM »
My most unique place has to be listening to it at the bar of a slot machine place, watching the suckers lose their money while listening to Know Evil.

And while I had the chance to listen at the dentist, in the end I chickened out, mostly because I didn't want to associate RPPR with having 17 teeth extracted on local anasthesia.

Talynthia5280

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »
It was hard not to laugh while listening to Caleb sigh disgustedly as everyone devolves into petty bickering and a little wackety-schmackety-doo. Because laughing while there is a scrapy thing in your mouth can cause....problems.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled like 20 years ago. Didn't have podcasts then, but I did get a lovely dose of local that knocked me out cold.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 02:18:03 AM »
Caleb has a low tolerance for petty bickering but sometimes the bickering is the best part of role playing.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »

I listened to the Caleb ran New Arcadia session with the super max prison while having a root canal done a few years back.

It passed the time quite well.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »
Let's see, some other places I've listened to RPPR during the years include:

Watching the sunset on a beach in Cancun, Mexico. - Know Evil.
At the entrance of Chichen Itza. -Know Evil again.
During a roadtrip that brought me inside the Amazon rainforest. - D&D The New World
Outside the Vatican in Rome. - I want to say The Quiet Year, but honestly I don't remember exactly.

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 11:53:52 AM »
I just finished Fallen Flag Episode 4 at the Red Cross Clinic -- so I got to listen to Cutty almost bleed out while giving blood myself!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Voodooman43

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
Definitely the strangest experience I've had listening to RPPR was during my night shift at my security job. I was wandering the hallways at the condo I work at listening to "The Night Clerk" and shitting myself every time I rounded a corner, expecting the KiY to come popping out of a door.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:31:09 PM by Voodooman43 »