Author Topic: Better Angels questions  (Read 5764 times)

EndersLegend

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Better Angels questions
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:28:43 PM »
I had a few questions about Better Angels, if anyone willing to help me. I had an idea on some of the answers, but I was a little confused so I figured it best to ask.

When a Demon gives a Master Dice, does that Master Dice stay forever or does it disappear after it's used?

When taking Damage, does it go Courage, Open, and then Sly for Hellbinders or can you choose Sly or Open? Also, can you lose more than one point in an attack?

I'm loving the Spared and the Spoiled campaign, but I was a little confused about something. I couldn't find anything mentioned about weapon advantages going to damage. I've heard it a few times on the podcast, but is that just meaning width?

What level of Demonic Device was the Laptop in Spared and the Spoiled?

I had an idea for a Demonic Device but I'm not totally sure on the cost. It's based around the Alchemy power. It's a well designed squirt gun, with a pump that fires the water and a backpack to contain the ammo, like a flamethrower without the flame. The power comes from being able to change the water into another substance, whether it be acid, glue, tear gas, etc. What I'm wondering is if a cost of 3 Generosity would be right or if it would be something more like 1 Generosity and maybe 2 Knowledge since it could be used to attack using Lava, Acid, etc?

Does using a Demonic Device invoke a Demon?

That's it for now. All help appreciated.

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Better Angels questions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »
So, gaining Advantage, i.e. having a weapon, or surprise, or whatever, can give you bonus dice to roll, thus increasing your chance to hit and possibly more damage, or just go straight to width on a set (and only on a set, no making a 1x* into a 3x*), thus giving you more damage automatically and making you faster at it.

Damage goes Courage, then Open for mortals, but Hellbinders go Courage, then Open and/or Sly. It's designed that you can technically have a single dot bouncing between Open and Sly forever until something happens to obliterate it. Only once both are empty can a Hellbinder die. Also, according to the attack results block in the book, Width of 5+ deletes one dot from the Strategy above the targeted Tactic.

And, as far as I can tell, using a devilish device doesn't alert or invoke the demon outside of its initial creation. The demon can still turn it of at any point however.

Hope this helps!

EndersLegend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 12:15:31 AM »
Definitely helps. Thanks Kamen

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »
No problem! ;D Been trying to study up on the rules recently anyway. Hopefully getting into the playtest for Caleb's No Soul Left Behind, so I gotta know my stuff.

EndersLegend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:02:24 AM »
No problem! ;D Been trying to study up on the rules recently anyway. Hopefully getting into the playtest for Caleb's No Soul Left Behind, so I gotta know my stuff.

Wish I hadn't moved from Arkansas to Alaska or I'd try to get in it as well.