General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

RPPR on Patreon - what bonus content would you pay to get?

(1/13) > >>

clockworkjoe:
I'm considering setting up on Patreon - http://www.patreon.com/

The basic idea is you subscribe to a given content provider (like a podcast) and in exchange for that, you get exclusive content.  The content provider also sets up milestones so that if X amount of cash is raised per month, then content Y is released to backers.

Right now I'm trying to think of things I could create for Patreon that wouldn't interfere too much with my existing work. The B-Sides/old APs will probably stay separate -. Not 100% committed on that though.

Possible bonuses so far:

A bonus podcast - probably a fan fiction or RPG text reading (like more rules from Synnibar, Phoenix Command, etc) - something relatively short and humorous

A flash fiction (1000 words or less) set in a RPPR AP game - get some behind the scenes insight into your favorite games.

Book reviews of gaming related books or discussion with Caleb on gaming-related books/novels etc

Other ideas?

Milestones could include

A webcomic series of incidents/stories related to various APs

Skype games run by me for Backers - the top backers play and others can listen live or download the AP

Skype Q/A sessions with Tom and I - get advice on your campaign, etc.

Other milestones you'd like to see?

Tadanori Oyama:
I guess this thing works; everyone I follow on the net has been signing up with it lately.

Well I'm definitally in.

I'd like to see RPG opinions as bonus content. Have somebody in the RPPR crew talk about a given RPG for awhile. Say what they like and what they don't and if they recommend it or not. Might want to specialize in that: give Tom action games, Caleb spy games, Ross horrible monster games, etc. You know, what their good at.

Gorkamorka:
I'm going to propose Milestones that needs a lot of thought as it is possibly fraught with problems.

But here it is anyway.  As a milestone let the patrons decide what one shot gets played.  Bigger milestone could be a mini campaign.  Don't give them options, let them pick a game by vote among themselves.  For obvious reasons RPPR would have a veto right.

P.S.  Take my money!

SageNytell:
Basically we'd be outsourcing RPPR. I can dig it.  ;D

Yup, this would get my dollar.

D6xD6 - Chris:
I think the Skype games is a good idea.  Maybe allow backers to create/receive one - page adventure seeds based on RPPR material.

The biggest reward: the highest backer gets to be a guest on the RPPR main podcast.

I'm in if you decide to do this.

Quick question:  would this replace your current subscription service, or be used in addition to it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version