Author Topic: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies  (Read 182664 times)

Oisķn

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
Re: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
With that, Jane rings a bell. Promptly after, you hear the footsteps stop and then start to head towards the stairs.

"Well, last I recall she left us early, at Davy Byrne's. I think it was around nine, nine thirty. She excused herself, saying that she was going home early. Lor, Laura Fountaine that is, followed after her. The she's a bit of a worrier but I suppose these are dangerous times, or at least so I'm told."

With that Michael arrives. He is in his fifties and has a look of esteem about him, as if he were a working in an old chateau or manor rather than as a cleaner and servant of a middleclass household.  He is rather large in spite of his age, with the frame of a bouncer.

"Mikey, would you be a love and do us some tea?"

He nods silently, and sets the water to boil, before returning to cleaning.

"Lor came back a couple minutes later to tell us that Liz was safe," she said as the tea boiled beside her, "If I can say, I don't think she was at all in a good mood. Liz seemed really distant that night, so I wasn't surprised that she left early. I can't say what the old girl was worried about though, though she always could be a bit aloof when the fancy struck her. Lor might be a better person to talk to in all this, which is odd considering how quiet the poor girl tends to be. Though, if I can help with anything else, I might try."
Oft him anhaga   are gebideš,
metudes miltse,     žeah že he modcearig
geond lagulade   longe sceolde
hreran mid hondum    hrimcealde sę
wadan wręclastas.   Wyrd biš ful aręd!

Jomon Dogu

• hand-fisted meat machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 07:12:05 PM »
"Interesting." I jot down 9:30, Davy Byrne's, Laura Fauntaine, and distant/aloof, before looking up at Jane again. "I don't wish to cast aspersions on your friends, so please understand I ask only in the interest of being thorough: can you tell me more about Miss Fauntaine? I don't suppose she harbours any ill will towards Miss Blood that you know of?"
Surely thine hour has come, thy great wind blows,
Far off, most secret, and inviolate Rose?

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »
Jane goes pale as Colin mentions casting asperations.

"No, no. She's been as torn up as any of us. It's been hard to get a hold of her at all lately, she's been spending more and more time with her Father. She was always a little skittish. Poor girl is mortified now," Jane pauses and looks away, "Even I'm taking my own precautions. Don't know if I would have let you in without Mikey here."

She pauses for a moment, as Michael puts tea before them.

She lifts in a couple spoons of sugar into her tea.

"I sincerely don't think that she has anything against Miss Blood. At least, nothing that I really know about."

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
"I can certainly understand your concern. The city isn't what she used to be." I underline Laura's name a second time in my notebook. "But I do expect your man would certainly prove a deterrent to anyone with ill intent; he seems as able as he is refined! How long have you been with the Willsons, my good man?" I'm awfully curious about Michael; he doesn't seem entirely the manservant type.

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »
And heeding the words of the Bavarian that she might be being difficult I steel myself in preparation for what exactly he means whilst walking upstairs.

When I reach the top I call back "oh which door to knock on fella?" Then having his response I walk to the bedroom door and knock purposefully, say "miss, I need to talk to you about something"  and then await a response from the other side.
This little pig built a spaceship,
This little pig paid the bill;
This little pig made isotopes,
This little pig popped a pill;
But this little pig did nothing at all,
And he’s just a little pig still.
-

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 01:21:37 AM »
n. 21 Fitzwilliam (Colin)

"A two years now," Michael said, "I was working at Trinity before. But once Sinn Féin had spread their rebellion, they dismissed me. They didn't want a Catholic on the grounds, particularly as a secretary. The Wilsons were not so concerned with religious divison and hired me shortly after."

His tone is brief but honest. You can tell that the story is one which he is rather uncomfortable telling. Particularly in polite company.

n. 16 Leeson Street (Murphy)

The Bavarian shouts up only, "You will know it when you see it."

You walk by a bedroom with the door open; it is exceedingly colourful; posters adorn the room, all over. Most defaced to some degree or another. Most notably, you can see a typewriter with a desk. Over it are posters of Karl Marx, Adam Smith and Friedrich Nietzsche. Each of them covered with various notes, in what you think is German. Though it could just be really messily written English.

On the next room, with a closed door you see an advert for a razor with a moustache drawn on. Beneath it is written "Shave Today, Spend Tomorrow."

You pass by the bathroom, which has the sink labelled as a piece of art in a gallery.

At last you come by Amy's room. She has left the door open and you immediately notice that the whole room is coated in canvases, hung on the walls or strewn on the floor. Some, you are pretty sure are original, others you recognizes as copies of famous recent modernist and surrealists paintings and some seem to be defaced prints of famous works. Amy herself is painting by the front, but takes no notice of you. She is wearing a white dress which seems to ressemble more a toga or a robe than anything proper. She has short, dark hair.

When you knock on the door, she frantically strikes accross the canvas a couple of times. You can these ones are hasty and rather out of place.

"There. It is finished," Amy says looking over her canvas, "You may come in."

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2014, 02:45:10 AM »
"It's comforting to know there are still those in Dublin who value character over creed." I sip my tea wistfully. "What does your father do, Miss Willson, if you don't mind me asking?"

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
"Well I'm sorry to bother you miss, Blood's daughter is missing and I just want to know if you can help me by telling me where you last seen her and what she was doing? He told me you were a good friend of hers, is all."

-

Darthrex

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
I ring the doorbell
I cast summon pedant.

Darthrex

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »
I put on my best Boston Brahmin accent and ask "Good morning sir, my name is Father Fitzpatrick, would it possible for me to speak to your daughter?"
I cast summon pedant.

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
"Sorry, it's an Americanism. Coffee Cocktail: light on whiskey, heavy on coffee." I hand him the money, tipping generously. "I'm looking for a girl at the moment: when's the last time you saw Eliza Blood? Green eyes, brunette, athletic."
(Asking a favor!)

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:52 AM »

"He owns and manages an upscale pub," She replies, "We do good business off of Trinity and the area, which is how he heard of Michael's troubles."

She looks up with a mix of slight discomfort, mild confusion and genuine curiousity; "Is this all relevant to your investigation?"

"Eliza, you mean?" the girl replies, without taking her eyes off of her own canvas, "I saw her, she left us for some other fellow. Strange, a little dangerous looking but she was an bold girl. It is why I liked her. I didn't realize at the time how right I was about the man."

There is a sad and whistful tone to her as she speaks, yet her movements and body language are almost robotic; you have the impression that she is completely wrapped up in her art, even if she is carrying on the conversation with you.

4 Upper Mound Street (Shaemus)

"What is this in regards to?" The man looks down at Shaemus, still not quite willing to welcome him in; perhaps less so now.

47-48 Temple Bar, Temple Bar Pub (Cormac)

The barman made his tipjar known, with a passing gesture as he handed Cormac his Cocktail.

"Miss Blood? She's not a regular by any means but I've seen her around a couple times. Decent tipper, good family, not like that new Falfner friend of hers," he paused at this point to make his distaste for that particular character known with a cough, "Shame about the whole affair but all I can only tell you that she left Temple Bar around seven or eight. I was on shift that night. I think they mentioned Davy Byrne's. Miss Blood was fond of the place, if I recall. I imagine she's less so now."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:26:35 AM by Oisķn »

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »
"are you saying that you let your friend go off with a strange man without even finding out where she was going? She's your friend damn it! that's something your supposed to do."

[sharp]
-

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »
I sip my tea pensively. Jane is sharper than I figured she'd be. "I find it's best to be more thorough than necessary when dealing with a case like this. Forgive me for insinuating, but it wouldn't happen to be the pub the four of you were at on the night of Miss Blood's disappearance?"

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »

Amy actually puts down her paints and sits on the bed, she looks visibly remorseful and nervous, her southern German accent comes out, "I didn't mean anything by it; but she seemed to be happy with the fellow and I had been drinking. It is an awful mistake, I know. Schisse. I am sure she is safe."

"No," Jane replied, "I would hardly like to spend my spare time where I work, after all. I can't say I know Davy Byrne's too well, in truth. I had always assumed it was named after the owner..."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:52:02 PM by Oisķn »