Author Topic: Help request: Creepy records  (Read 5499 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Help request: Creepy records
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:09:25 PM »
I have a new scenario I'm running at GenCon which involves finding a number of reports and records from other investigators that are supposed to unnerve the players. During play tests I described this effect broadly but the for the convention I'd like to have short, creepy descriptions to go through.

Having some trouble myself I'm extending a request to my RPPR pals and asking for short (one or two paragraphs) horror stories that Call of Cthulhu investigators might write down that could be found. If you have an idea I would love to hear it. If you have one ready to go I would be grateful if you let me use it.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Help request: Creepy records
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:36 AM »
I had a DnD character who owned a private eye firm with is brother. He and his brother were investigating this drug running gang that also happened to be a cult of Nyarloathotep. The leader of which would kidnap people, mutilate their genitals and then use some kind of dark ritual to merge two of these unlucky victims bodies into a hulking grotesque monstrosity.

His brother had recently gone missing and so he was investigating their suspected hideout for information. Eventually he is able to find out that his brother was killed by the group and the leader of the gang had left the area.

After that he started keeping a diary of events, however he wrote them in the form of letters to his dead brother.

If you think you can use any of that please feel free.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:03:12 AM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK