Author Topic: Accounts for fictional characters? Anyone else do this?  (Read 11607 times)

themarkerslinger

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • My daily sketch art blog.
Accounts for fictional characters? Anyone else do this?
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:06:12 PM »
I just did a Savage World Super Heroes game with my friends, and some of the PCs made fictional twitter accounts. It was pretty fun and now we're plating East Texas University in the same system and I'm gonna make a conspiracy theorist blog for my character.

I actually just made a twitter for my Skyrim character Rogor; a lizard wizard, so I can live tweet his confusion while I play the game. (this is his twitter btw: https://twitter.com/rogorlizwiz)

I actually found doing thiis makes gaming pretty immersive and kinda a fun way to play around with a character out of game. Have you guys ever done anything similar ? Like make a blog, or a facebook, or a twitter for a character?
If you like weird out of context fiction and fictional field guides check out my Gum Road:
https://gumroad.com/markerslinger
Also my daily art blog:
http://markerslinger.tumblr.com/

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Accounts for fictional characters? Anyone else do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
I have been planning to do this for my next villain.  Give him a facebook account and use it to give the players an insight into what he's doing during the downtime.

Gives the players a chance of seeing what the villain is doing, and even banter with him without having to meet him (and crittical hitt kill him)
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

BishopSansPants

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 01:55:30 AM »
My friends and I did this for one of our games, but this is the only game I've done it in and that group consisted totally of theatre and other fine arts program graduates which I think may have tipped the scales toward that sort of thing.

It was fun, though.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
Caleb did a thing for his Heroes of New Arcadia character using fake twitter accounts and news stories. It was pretty great. I think the links have been lost though.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 03:50:08 AM »
This is very popular by people in EvE online. #TWEETFLEET

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »
Hmm... never would have thought of this, but it gets me interested for giving players something to do between sessions (maybe some investigation-y type things), but would definitely take some effort and buy-in to not have it be cheesy.  Cool idea though....