General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

Red Markets Rewards

(1/12) > >>

Cthuluzord:
Hello all,

Though we are still a long way out and a lot can change, Red Markets is on track for a late May Kickstarter.

I'm not signing up for any games of RM this GenCon because I hope to sell after hours games to backers.

Which brings me to my question, what kind of rewards would people most want to see. I certainly have some ideas, but I figure the group of people that have heard about the game the longest might have some ideas.

Adam_Autist:
Stuff with "The Debt Dies With You." On it if possible.

The Lost Carol:
Well, let's get the obvious stuff out of the way:

A print edition of the book. Upgrades would be nice (color, hardback, maybe one of those cool bookmarks like in the Eclipse Phase book,) but those are likely to be stretch goals and dependent on Drive Thru RPG's services.

Sharp Edged Dice. I can't think of anything fancy to emboss on any of the numbers to make them fully Red Markets, but one black d10 and one red d10 are needed. Maybe also as an add on so people can buy multiple sets for their groups.

Some sort of playmat like Jace's and a GM screen would be nice.

T-Shirts are nice; I never wear T-Shirts I get in Kickstarters, but others can and do.

You've intimated that your and Ean's experiences with the figurine from No Security would probably make that a no, and I can't think of any I'd even want.

I'll try to think of anything else, but the only other advice is:

If Chaosium tried to make it for the Horror on the Orient Express Kickstarter; no. No. NOOOOOO.

Alethea:
Posters, postcards, bookmarks, etc. of the cover or other nice pieces of interior art.

Seconding the playmat and GM screen.

This might be more of a stretch goal than a reward but extra pre-gens and several pre-made contracts for GMs. I'd pay money to contribute a character to the pre-gen pool.

Dice tins, particularly if they look like they're converted from old, beat-up Altoids tins or other scavenged materials

Stretch goals for supplements:
Dastardly Deathtraps: Quarentechture as Passive Resistance
Malevolent Maelstroms: Field Observations of Casualty Weather Patterns

trinite:
I like the idea of dice sets, maybe five red/five black sets for a whole group.

T-shirts are a cool idea, I'd say.

Maybe the opportunity to add a quick NPC name/basic concept to a big list in the back of the book, for use in creating on-the-fly NPCs? Since NPCs just need spots and not full character sheets, that could be a pretty easy table to put together. Or an entry in whatever big giant table of random possibilities you'd trust your backers to help with (could save some labor for you, too!).

Definitely a photocopyiable playmat and a GM screen, as a stretch goal.

Would you be up for selling some online games to backers, for those of us who can't go to Gen Con? I'd probably be up for backing to get a spot for an online game with you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version