Author Topic: Red Markets Rewards  (Read 59613 times)

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
Re: Red Markets Rewards
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 07:05:22 AM »
I'd like a 10k word short story. You're already familiar with the material and you can get it done in a few days after the fact.

::hysterical laughter::

Wow, man, assuming someone can churn out a publishable quality short story in a couple days seriously underestimates the amount of work involved in writing. Especially since 10k is, according to wiki, a novellette, not a short story.

For anyone one who can plot, write, and edit 10k in a few days, my hat is off to you, that is some serious productivity.
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »
The play mats take priority and as far as I can tell the rules are easy to learn (As opposed to Eclipse Phase which really needs sheets for hacking etc) so the main thing that integrates players with the taker experience is key.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »
I'd like a 10k word short story. You're already familiar with the material and you can get it done in a few days after the fact.

While I won't get it done that fast, there's a 30K novella planned into the campaign already. About 20K is already done, but I need to write 4 or 5 more chapters to feel comfortable with it. Finishing that last 10K -- while juggling art direction, writing the game, and editing previous chapters -- will take decidedly longer than a few days, but it will definitely be an add-on for the reward tiers. We might even do a print run if there's enough demand for it.

I'll probably post a sample chapter as an update during some part of the campaign.

icephisherman

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 02:18:20 AM »

Wow, man, assuming someone can churn out a publishable quality short story in a couple days seriously underestimates the amount of work involved in writing. Especially since 10k is, according to wiki, a novellette, not a short story.

For anyone one who can plot, write, and edit 10k in a few days, my hat is off to you, that is some serious productivity.

Normally when I wrote that size I'd only use outlines, not plotting, and maybe not even that. I'd write about 12k over the course of two days in six to eight hour chunks and gradually reduce that to around 10k. My biggest problem was editing. As a writer I could easily bang out 1000 words of rough draft an hour. Getting rid of that which didn't add to the story and then editing for grammar was a chore. 10k is the upper limit of what I could write without an outline. Something around 30k is a different animal and I wouldn't pants it.

I write fairly quickly, but I suppose it varies from person to person.

While I won't get it done that fast, there's a 30K novella planned into the campaign already. About 20K is already done, but I need to write 4 or 5 more chapters to feel comfortable with it. Finishing that last 10K -- while juggling art direction, writing the game, and editing previous chapters -- will take decidedly longer than a few days, but it will definitely be an add-on for the reward tiers. We might even do a print run if there's enough demand for it.

I'll probably post a sample chapter as an update during some part of the campaign.

I'm happy for the novella. When I read the beta my biggest problem was the lack of fluff. There was some setting that I got from reading it over and the forums post, but it was hard to get that initial direction without it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:21:08 AM by icephisherman »

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 05:06:54 PM »

Normally when I wrote that size I'd only use outlines, not plotting, and maybe not even that. I'd write about 12k over the course of two days in six to eight hour chunks and gradually reduce that to around 10k. My biggest problem was editing. As a writer I could easily bang out 1000 words of rough draft an hour. Getting rid of that which didn't add to the story and then editing for grammar was a chore. 10k is the upper limit of what I could write without an outline. Something around 30k is a different animal and I wouldn't pants it.

I write fairly quickly, but I suppose it varies from person to person.

I'm happy for the novella. When I read the beta my biggest problem was the lack of fluff. There was some setting that I got from reading it over and the forums post, but it was hard to get that initial direction without it.

Michael Moorcock, is that you?   :D
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

jeeves

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2016, 07:14:22 PM »
I'm a bit late to the discussion, so sorry if this has already been brought up.

Perhaps the rewards could include additional Jobs, so beginning GM's have a ready source of scenarios to run. Since "economic horror" is not a well-established genre in gaming, more Jobs would also help give GMs a sense of how to hit the right tone for their games.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:33 PM »
I can't believe I was ever anxious about this game being funded. Holy shit.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
I did a double-take when I went to pledge just now. Nice job Caleb.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »
A decent start. We can do better.  Push on social media. Make OPs. Caleb spent four years on this!

Red Market's team, the Lost Radio stretch goal is such a good idea I wish I had thought of it and pitched it.

Anyone still broadcasting in the Loss? Wonder no more! The cast of RPPR help enrich your game as the last DJ’s operating in the wasteland. A variety of musical genres and personalities will be represented along with in-character commentary. Beyond the entertainment of listening, each .mp3 “broadcast” can easily be slotted into your game as mood music or a plot hook.

@Ross  On the RPPR actual play website there isn't a "Red Markets" tag.  "Red Markets" is easier to remember than "Brutalists" so it might be a good idea to make that tag for people who are searching.

icephisherman

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »
Part of me is hoping for for Aaron to run IP in his previous radio personality and have this brutally and completely unaware anime and j-pop radio station personality made worse by the fact that he's the only one who has a radio station in the area. Maybe with some callers.

"Steel Beam, you're on the air. How're you doing up there, Steel Beam?"

"Where's my fucking Waylon Jennings you son of a bitch?! You promised me!"

"Erm..."

Question. I saw much of the estimated delivery time as June and December of 2017 which is a year and a year and a half from now. Even the preview copies are marked for 2017. Would the PDF copies take that long to get out as well?

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »
Part of me is hoping for for Aaron to run IP in his previous radio personality and have this brutally and completely unaware anime and j-pop radio station personality made worse by the fact that he's the only one who has a radio station in the area. Maybe with some callers.

"Erm..."

... oh wow what a great idea.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »
A decent start. We can do better.  Push on social media. Make OPs. Caleb spent four years on this!

Red Market's team, the Lost Radio stretch goal is such a good idea I wish I had thought of it and pitched it.

Anyone still broadcasting in the Loss? Wonder no more! The cast of RPPR help enrich your game as the last DJ’s operating in the wasteland. A variety of musical genres and personalities will be represented along with in-character commentary. Beyond the entertainment of listening, each .mp3 “broadcast” can easily be slotted into your game as mood music or a plot hook.

@Ross  On the RPPR actual play website there isn't a "Red Markets" tag.  "Red Markets" is easier to remember than "Brutalists" so it might be a good idea to make that tag for people who are searching.

Red Markets is a category, not a tag. I added it to the menu http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/red-markets/

Also, if you want to help with the mix, you can! I am looking for creative commons licensed music that allows for remixes. If you google bandcamp "some rights reserved" + whatever genre you look for like bandcamp "some rights reserved" vaporwave

I found this page with that search https://senpaivaporwave.bandcamp.com/

If you look at the some rights reserved text on the page, it takes you to a CC license page http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
    Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms

This is what I am looking for - music that allows me to creatively use it for a free mix tape/radio station.

RadioactiveBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »

"Erm..."

Honestly, there's legs for a Kingsfall AM/Night Vale style podcast about a head in the clouds radio DJ in the zombie apocalypse.