Author Topic: Red Markets Rewards  (Read 59612 times)

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
Re: Red Markets Rewards
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »
More art would be nice.

Red/ Black Dice for sure.

Definitely some spin on the "Be a dead guy in my thing".

If you do do some sort of physical thing I had some ideas:

"I went in to the Loss and all I got was this <X>"

Or some sort of spin on the band shirt:
Take
&
Take
&
Take
&
Take

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 05:00:24 AM »
I liked when Posthuman studios had stretch goals that said "if we reach X money units we will pay our people more money"

I think you should use that model.  For maybe every 3rd or 4th goal.  Not to often, but enough to matter.  You and yours should be rewarded for making a good game and should be able to afford more then just Ramen for dinner.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:02 AM »
I agree with this plan. Increased financial stability for team Red Markets!

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
After listening to The Brutalists episode 5, a stretch goal could be Caleb "Death Trap" Stokes writes 3-5 more off the wall Casualty Centered Circus' of Chaos.

Apropos of nothing, the After Hours segment where Caleb comments on Grimtooth's Deathtraps is amusing. 

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
So Drones.

Drone with firearm

! No longer available

Scouting Drone

! No longer available

Since this is real now and Red Markets is set in the near future, perhaps a stretch goal (or even a full supplement after main book publication) that details rules for drone operation/upkeep/customization/dogfights would be in order.

Since Delta Green is set in the modern day, rules for savvy investigators who use drones would be useful too.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »
i.imgur.com/oNtU5.jpg

Bigdog/ dronkey with turret.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
I was looking through the Fragged Empire Expansion and Miniatures kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wadedyer/fragged-empire-rpg-protagonist-archive-and-miniatu/description

Like Red Markets, you got one dude behind Fragged Empire (Wade Dyer).

It's already funded and here is the list of stretch goals.

Stretch Goals

$40,000 = Expanded 'Locations' section +15 pages.
$47,500 = All miniatures come with a  hand signed, premium quality art-card.
$55,000 = Expanded 'Prominent NPCs' section +15 pages.
$62,500 = Unlock Male Kaltoran miniature.
$70,000 = Expanded Science, Technology, Psionics and Factions sections, +10 pages.

There are free previews of Fragged Empire books at their main site. 

http://www.fraggedempire.com/

Of note is how clearly the mechanics are explained.

Evil Mastermind from Something Awful forums.

I like the base idea that all the available races were custom-designed by humans and Evil Alien Race centuries ago, then the humans got wiped out and the Evil Alien Race took off, leaving all these custom races behind in the leftovers of human civilization. Now it's 100 years later, and the races are just getting their shit together to the point where interplanetary travel is possible.

One thing I will say: this is probably the clearest RPG I've ever read. There's a lot of page referencing (Here's the section on X. It's related to A (page this), B (page that), and C (page etc)), and very unambiguous  full-page rules flowcharts.

Looks like you can do shit like get into commodities trading on the side, mod up your weapons, and get little combat drone sidekicks, too. I'm just going off the free preview, though.

Also the creator commissioned music for his game. 

From the Kickstarter for the expansion

Fragged Empire Music!

By the very talented Jesse James! You can support his awesome work via his Patreon page. Music mastered by Collin Derrick.

I haven't heard commissioning music for a ttrpg done before. Maybe a good topic for an RPPR podcast?

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 07:15:04 AM »
Pelgrane Press and Posthuman both have music for their games.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »
Pelgrane Press and Posthuman both have music for their games.

I would not recommend music unless you can make it yourself.  It's just to much hassle to get someone to do it for something only a part of your buyers want.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »
True.

I was thinking and this is probably obvious but Cheat Sheets. I've played plenty of games where I wish there had been cards with some of the rules on to save me printer ink.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »
True.

I was thinking and this is probably obvious but Cheat Sheets. I've played plenty of games where I wish there had been cards with some of the rules on to save me printer ink.

totally agreed. I'm not a fan of GM screens in general but when GM screens have cheat sheets/quick reference tables they are so very useful.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »
Ken and Robin talk about stuff #184 in the first 22 minutes

http://www.kenandrobintalkaboutstuff.com/index.php/episode-184-snorting-the-hand-of-vecna/

1) Robin Laws mentions that his survival-horror game published as GURPS Fantasy 2: The Madlands is really a situation of "it's dangerous for the PC's to venture outside of their village...but it's MORE dangerous if the PC's don't." I'm probably misquoting Robin because he puts it very succinctly. But when I heard that description of survival-horror I was immediately " YES. THIS IS RED MARKETS* IN A NUTSHELL."  Takers have to go on the next job because from the enclave's standpoint, trade is life. And Takers are expendable, sort of.

*survival-horror in a world of scarcity in general but I digress.

2)Ken mentions that he had his alpha playtest group write down their notes and experiences in one of the corebooks he published. He called this the "DVD commentary" edition of a game. 

Since this is the "what stretch goals do you want" thread if the rppr alpha testers wrote up their thoughts on Red Markets, would backers want this as a stretch goal?

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 08:26:46 PM »
I did enjoy those sidebars in NBA. But you'd have to be careful that it didn't clash with the feel of the rest of the book because I know Caleb said he was doing a lot of in character material. I missed the Beta though so I don't know as much as others will.

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 12:21:30 AM »
Music would be cool but on the management side that strikes me as something to work out before the Kickstarter, not during or after when the game and stretch goals are actually in production mode rather than planning.

icephisherman

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »
I'd like a 10k word short story. You're already familiar with the material and you can get it done in a few days after the fact.

Also people are talking about GM sheets and other physical peripherals, but if you can make laminated place mats for cheap enough that'd be great.