General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

Dan's Patreon Ptolus Campaign

(1/3) > >>

Vivax:
Right so I'm super excited for this game. My character is Elana Sicari, a half-elf bard/warlock. She runs an orphanage in Midtown on  close to the border of the Warrens, called "The Sicari Home for Wayward Youth". The orphanage, while fully functional, is partially a front for her far-left, nationalist, pro-Ptolus independence party. Because when you're plotting some kind of revolution, bloodless or otherwise, it's always best to hide it behind the smiling faces of the parentless youth you're taking care of. Ignore the shady thugs, they're just there to hold the kids down during emotional outbursts. No we don't have a loansharking operation, but we do accept donations to help The Children.

The Lost Carol:
This campaign's gonna be crazy. I love it already.

My character is Wraqrin "Freezer" Turnuroth, a NG Dragonborn Sorcerer. He's a leader in the Brotherhood of Redemption, an order of monks who seek to turn evil creatures into good ones by giving them the chance to repent. Whereas most of the other factions in the city are either filled with evil souls or planning dark things, the Brotherhood is what it says on the tin, though due to an advantageous marriage they get roped into helping out everyone anyway. Wraqrin truly buys into the Brotherhood's ways; he was saved from certain death by a Brotherhood member as a hatchling, and eventually became good friends with his would be killer after he changed his ways. As he strives for self-improvement, he finds himself roped into the schemes of his fellow citizens of Ptolus...

(My character sheet is almost done; just gotta pick a magical item, then I'll get it to Dan.)

Vivax:

--- Quote from: The Lost Carol on February 24, 2016, 12:07:38 AM ---This campaign's gonna be crazy. I love it already.

My character is Wraqrin "Freezer" Turnuroth, a NG Dragonborn Sorcerer.

--- End quote ---

Is he called the Freezer because of his ice magic or because of his chilly stare?

The Lost Carol:

--- Quote from: Vivax on February 24, 2016, 11:21:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: The Lost Carol on February 24, 2016, 12:07:38 AM ---This campaign's gonna be crazy. I love it already.

--- End quote ---

Is he called the Freezer because of his ice magic or because of his chilly stare?

--- End quote ---

One of the things in the 5th Ed book about naming Dragonborn is that they're supposed to have a nickname that is used by their fellow friends and siblings as a term of endearment. Since Wraqrin is a Silver dragon he has ice breath. I imagine an incident where he froze someone or something and it's an incident that he never lived down, so he uses that as his nickname. He'll let you use it once you get to know him.

Vivax:

--- Quote from: The Lost Carol on February 24, 2016, 09:47:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Vivax on February 24, 2016, 11:21:57 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

One of the things in the 5th Ed book about naming Dragonborn is that they're supposed to have a nickname that is used by their fellow friends and siblings as a term of endearment. Since Wraqrin is a Silver dragon he has ice breath. I imagine an incident where he froze someone or something and it's an incident that he never lived down, so he uses that as his nickname. He'll let you use it once you get to know him.

--- End quote ---

Hell, get on Elana's good side she might even call him Snowball.

How are you on like, core personality traits? I know 5th Ed hands out options based on background but I feel like the characters aren't as super defined by them. It's more like background provides a quirk and advantage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version