Author Topic: Wushu Wannabe  (Read 6507 times)

sinanju

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Wushu Wannabe
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:23:34 AM »
I've tried to get my fellow gamers interested in trying Wushu. But, alas, most of them are too enamored of their crunchy superhero games. I had such plans...including some very entertaining (or at least I found them entertaining to create) supervillains to fight.

_____
KID KAIJU is a 13 year-old boy, a bit scrawny but scrappy, with tousled hair. Not above using his obvious youth and small stature to scam adults. He can transform into any Kaiju he can imagine, but no larger than a big man.

Style: torn jeans, tattered sneakers, and no shirt as often as not.

4 – Turns Into Cute Miniature Kaiju
5 – They’re Not Cute At All, They’re Horrifying!
3 – Hey Mister, Can You Help Me?
1 – Enraged When Dismissed as Unimportant or Unthreatening

Bio:
His monster forms may only be human sized (albeit a very large human), but they pack a punch all out of proportion to his size. He can fling armored cars around, shrug off the heaviest ordnance the army can produce, and bring down buildings like a full-sized kaiju. It will just take him longer.

______
THE HINDENBEGGAR was just another bum (or “homeless person” to gullible do-gooders) until the night some rich kids out looking for trouble chose him as their target.

Style: Filthy cast-offs and a grimy watch cap, several days growth of beard.

5 – Oh Now You Respect Me—Because I’m A Threat!
4 – I Depend On The Kindness of Suckers
3 – What Am I, Invisible?
1 – Temper, Temper

Stomping Grounds: New York City, NY

Bio:
Once John Smith was just another bum. Or “street person” if you’re a credulous do-gooder. The city is just full of do-gooders who can’t wait to put a little cash in your tin cup, or food in your belly. And some of those high society dames like a man with a few rough edges, if you know what I mean. There are shelters for cold winter nights, and the hospital ER will always give you care if you need it. Food, shelter, booze and broads were easy to come by.

Until the night a bunch of hooligans thought it would be fun to set a bum on fire. They were almost as surprised as John when, instead of dying in a fire, he discovered his power to wield it like a weapon. Yeah, they were surprised, all right. Briefly.

_____
ALEXEI TORSHIN was once a low-level thug, an enforcer for a mid-level eastern european syndicate. Then he was captured and interrogated by A Man With A Very Particular Set Of Skills (tm), electrocuted and left for dead. But he didn’t die. He changed.

That was years ago. The man with the particular set of skills is long dead, and Alexei has moved on from revenge to capitalism. Murder is his business, and business is good.

Schtick: He absorbs, generates and throws around electricity.

Style: Supervillainy has been good to him; he could give 007 fashion tips.

5 – Shocking. Simply Shocking!
4 – The Women, They Love Me
3 – Euro-Trash
1 – Inveterate Womanizer

Stomping Grounds: Europe primarily, but he goes wherever the job takes him.

_____
RADIATION RAVAGER is a skinny college student whose lifetime of being bullied and dismissed has left him a seething ball of rage. Maybe that’s the source of his power, the ability to unleash godawful damage with a look. Maybe he’s a mutant. Maybe his fairy godfather finally came through. He doesn’t care. All he knows is that his days of being bullied are over and it’s time for some payback!

Style: White jumpsuit with radiation icons in red, and flip-up shades.

5 – Ultraviolent Vision
4 – Collateral Damage Is A Virtue
3 – Take Me Seriously, Goddammit!
1 – Socially Inept