Author Topic: CREEPY THREAD OF DOOM  (Read 163737 times)

Rygel

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: CREEPY THREAD OF DOOM
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 02:43:18 AM »
I first saw this on Atomfilms.com a while ago and scared the crap out of me.  I looked for it again but...it's not there and this makes me sad.  I DID find it on youtube, but the quality isn't what I'd like.  It's a short film, about 12 minutes altogether and he had to split it up into 2 parts, but the second part links in the video at the end of the first

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
This isn't creepy. But it is awesome and I've been looking for it for 8 years:

The soundtrack was done by New Order.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 11:38:48 PM »
what's he building in there

Rygel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »
The Cat With Hands o.O

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:31 PM »
The Cat With Hands o.O

yessss

this is it

the creepiest video

or maybe this

Rygel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:17 PM »
or maybe this

:-\ Why does that only have two pieces of wood.  and WHYYYY are they broken  :-[

pwvogt

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Hopeless Gamer
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
I know this isn't a video or photo, but how about legitimately freaky movies? I love horror as a genre (although hate those surprise scares that only scare you by tricking you) and when of the freakiest movies I've ever seen is Jacob's Ladder - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_Ladder_(film) Any other suggestions for movies that have a high creep out factor?
The Hopeless Gamer Blog! http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/ - Come check it out!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Paul_Vogt

Staff Writer for Eye of the Vortex - gaming magazine at the center of all things nerdy/interesting! http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/

barc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 08:50:04 AM »
Ted the Caver is pretty freaky, would make a good premise for a Cthulhu one-shot.

If anyone remembers the Childhood terror of Watership down here's a nice little clip from a movie from the same guy who wrote it.

Plague Dogs -

Remember that this was made for a PG certificate, I pity the poor child who's parent thinks this is good for him/her to watch

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »
Maze: Picked up Penumbra thanks to your post. Damn DOG is a pain. Finally beat it to death with the hammer from on top of a crate. Next level ran into three and got them with the pick. Not your typical FPS type game, I like it! I found that there is no easy way to take the dogs out when you are on the ground as they run around you, just like real dogs, then you're dead in three bites. When I tried the crate tactic the first time I accidently hit the crate twice instead of the jumping dog and smashed the crate allowing the dog to get me. Very creepy game atmosphere, it makes you weak and scared :-)

Thanks!

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »
 I think this thread needs a little of the old Rubber Johnny.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

barc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »
I know this isn't a video or photo, but how about legitimately freaky movies? I love horror as a genre (although hate those surprise scares that only scare you by tricking you) and when of the freakiest movies I've ever seen is Jacob's Ladder - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_Ladder_(film) Any other suggestions for movies that have a high creep out factor?

Session 9 gets mentioned alongside Jacob's Ladder quite a bit. I've only seen part of it but what I saw was good. If you don't mind subtitles (or can speak Spanish), [REC] is a great movie. There are almost no jump-scares and the final scenes are very tense. The English remake that came out recently is awful, don't even look it up.

Relevant creepy-ness submission: Some of the most famous effects in Jacob's Ladder were inspired by the work of deformity-loving photographer Joel-Peter Witkin. You might remember this guy from the hospital o' hell scene.

http://www.correnticalde.com/joelpeterwitkin/1976-Indulgences_Man_with_no_legs.jpg

I should mention that Witkin took advantage of some lax body disposal policies to get subjects for many of his pictures. The guy in the above photo was alive and well except for his handicap, but anyone who decides to look for more should consider themselves warned!

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 01:09:35 AM »
Maze: Picked up Penumbra thanks to your post. Damn DOG is a pain. Finally beat it to death with the hammer from on top of a crate. Next level ran into three and got them with the pick. Not your typical FPS type game, I like it! I found that there is no easy way to take the dogs out when you are on the ground as they run around you, just like real dogs, then you're dead in three bites. When I tried the crate tactic the first time I accidently hit the crate twice instead of the jumping dog and smashed the crate allowing the dog to get me. Very creepy game atmosphere, it makes you weak and scared :-)

Thanks!

Use the dynamite sticks or get one of the gaz tanks, hit it and throw it at the dog before it blows up. If you only wound him though, run!!!

The second game of this series is pretty good too. I liked it even more. Some of the puzzles in the game really forces you to be ingenious. Remember: When all else fails, bash it open with a chair; it just takes a few extra hits. The expansion on the other hand sucks, as the story is at a very satisfying ending.

Anyway to CONTRIBUTE: http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/images/sub2/rosieterror.jpg

Neberu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:27 AM »
My question, more to myself really than to anyone else, is why on earth would I allow myself to view this thread at 1:00am after everyones gone to sleep?