Author Topic: Questions about Gen Con?  (Read 18050 times)

constructacon

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Questions about Gen Con?
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:15:44 AM »
Ok so after watching the social medias for the past few days, and wishing i was at gen con, i have finally decided. "to hell with it!" i'm going to gen con in 2018 if i have to foot the entire bill myself! that said, i thought this would be a good time to ask about how much i would need to save to foot this bill. i was thinking of asking the RPPR faithful who went, if they wouldn't mind, to give a round number as to how much they spent at gen con this year (minus what was paid for loot) housing and food costs specifically.

thanks in advance...and here's hoping to see you in august 2018 at gen con 

Lord_of_Apathy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Gen Con?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
A friend of mine booked an offsite hotel about a year in advance. With four of us sharing the suite  it was around $900  for four nights which came to $225 each. 

Food truck prices around seem to average around 10 bucks at the Convention center  and there are numerous fast food places within walking distance. Indianapolis has numerous restaurants whether your budget is economical or high end. I think my total food expenditure after reaching Indy was around $110 but about $35 of this was covering a friends food costs when we went out to restaurants. 

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Things to save for:
  • Hotel
  • Badge
  • Events
  • Food
  • Loot you will buy
  • Money for transportation in Indy, depending on the hotel you get in the GenCon lottery
Depending on how you get to the convention
  • Airfare OR
  • Gas for the driving

My partner and I tend to save 2K$ for GenCon, drive to GenCon, split the hotel room with one other person (definitely, more if we can organize folks), and don't spend an enormous amount in the dealer's room.

Hope to see you in 2018!
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

constructacon

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 12:56:40 AM »
would that be 2k each or together?

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:59:51 PM »
would that be 2k each or together?

together, but keep in mind that a lot of costs aren't going to go down with only one of you. Like the hotel room.
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads