Author Topic: What Wargames are you playing?  (Read 4938 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: What Wargames are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
"Ross Interruptor Gear*,"

8)

"allowing the pilot to fire his machinegun at it's full rate, with the possibility of shooting off his own propeller!"

yesssssss

this pleases me

CADmonkey

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 05:27:15 PM »
yesssssss

this pleases me
Thought you'd get a kick out of that. :)

In personal wargaming news, I had scheduled another MFZ:RA demo/game day at the FLGS downtown, but it was bitter cold in Ottawa yesterday and (understandably) none of the regular players showed up, but a couple of Magic players from the front room came over for some demo games.  Here's a photo from the end of the first round of the second demo game I ran:

2nd Demo Game by Bryan Rombough, on Flickr
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »
Finally got a chance to play Dracula's America - 4 player brawl. I got my ass kicked due to high risk attacks and poor rolling. Still fun though - interesting rules and fun gameplay.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »
Finally got a chance to play Dracula's America - 4 player brawl. I got my ass kicked due to high risk attacks and poor rolling. Still fun though - interesting rules and fun gameplay.
Cool, will you be doing a battle report game?

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
I was clearing out my youtube subscriptions and I noticed one of the wargame places had an AP of it. I almost picked up a copy at Dragonmeet but I had other things I needed more.

I'm trying to get back into wargames but I'm not sure where to start again. I know I want to play skirmish games because I don't have the time or money for the bigger ones right now.

It's hard to figure out which ones have rules sets I like and minis I find aesthetically pleasing.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:27 AM »
Cool, will you be doing a battle report game?

Eventually - gotta start our K47 campaign first though.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 04:32:12 PM »
Looking through the February issue of WI, I was wondering if there's been any squeals from one of the RPPR players* over the new Japanese units for Konflikt 47?  I also noticed an article about giving awards to miniatures for their "service" in wargames.  I immediatley had a flashback to an issue of KotDT where the guys started giving themselves medals for their own actions in RPGs! :D

*one of you has a Japanese army, right?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:08 AM »
Renee has a Japanese army.  We keep up with new K47 developments via their Facebook group, which posts pics of new sculpts etc on a regular basis. I think we will start our campaign in March.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
Oh dear, I may be buying this (again):

<a href="http://youtu.be/FTx4fsA73gU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/FTx4fsA73gU</a>

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/earth-shaking-announcement

I'm a little torn on this.  I bought the original pre-painted, blind-box, "collectible" Monsterpocalypse when it came out a decade ago.  I love kaiju, and mecha, and skirmish wargames, and I loved the game itself, but I didn't care for the local tournament scene.  I'll try not to get my hopes up, but I might not be able to resist.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 07:16:32 PM by CADmonkey »