Author Topic: Anecdote: One-Upping Tom's Gun-Rape story  (Read 12212 times)

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Anecdote: One-Upping Tom's Gun-Rape story
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
So here's one for the books...About a week ago, I ran a game of Trail of Cthulhu, a case involving a curse passed down from father to son, in which once a son is born, the mother dies in childbirth, and the father becomes a hideous creature, the result of some faustian pact made long ago.
The story begins with an old man found stabbed to death, the only clue leading to a small home where a blind pregnant girl is being taken care of by her brother, since her husband has run away, for reasons unknown.
The players track down the husband, who is in the middle of his transformation into the creature. They kill him, only then to discover that he was killing certain individuals for key ingredients in a means of breaking the curse for good. Instead of trying to find some means of saving both mother and child, they opt to cause a miscarriage by having the mafia member of the group to beat the living shit out of her with a baseball bat.
"She'll live, just gonna kill the baby and end the curse." She reasons, as though that makes me anymore understanding of their decision.
I refused to role-play out the end-result, merely stating with a hint of contempt in my voice that the scene ends with her leaving with a baseball bat over her shoulder, whisteling Zippety-Doo-Dah while en route to deliver a Baseball-Bat-Abortion.
I then made everyone else roll stability checks for their heinous way of thinking.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: Anecdote: One-Upping Tom's Gun-Rape story
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
Oh god.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »
Wow, your players let the girl live?

'Cus with curses, me and mine tend to adopt what you might call a "scorched earth" policy.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
I would take their character sheets away and say you lost all your sanity (or stability or whatever its called in Trail) - let's play something else for a while.

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
In trail, there's both Stability and Sanity. When you're out of Stability, you lose sanity, or certain situations cause Sanity Loss.
But yeah~~Is it wrong to feel a bit burned at my players?
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »
In trail, there's both Stability and Sanity. When you're out of Stability, you lose sanity, or certain situations cause Sanity Loss.

I bet you'd feel better if you have an NPC gun-rape one of the PCs in the next adventure.  ;D
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »

I bet you'd feel better if you have an NPC gun-rape one of the PCs in the next adventure.  ;D

Bam! Instant balanced karma.

jak7890

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 06:22:49 AM »
God, is it wrong that I was laughing until the very last paragraph of the OP? How about that I make my livelihood from doing a certain aspect of social work with children?

Hmm... now I'm gonna have to dig around for the gun-rape.... waitaminute!

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:38:47 PM »
well im glad I dont know anyone quite that messed up in the head. granted you were playing CoC but still not being driven mad but just willing to do it wow. haha. at least it was the mob guy that did it and not a priest.