Author Topic: How was your 4th of July?  (Read 7225 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
How was your 4th of July?
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
For those in The States, how was your 4th of July?

We had a cook-out of brats and Asian chicken, along with BBQ beans, potato salad, chips & dip, and deserts. It was pretty humid, so we spent a lot of time inside playing games. We played Wits & Wagers, Apples to Apples, and a "Password/Hot Potato" type of game (I forget the exact name of the game).

For those outside The States, the 4th of July was still a Saturday, so how was your Saturday?
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
Re: How was your 4th of July?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
I watched Maltese Falcon as fireworks went off outside.

Basically, nothing happened.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
I spent the weekend on the move.

Spent friday, which I had off, in Seattle at the Pacific Science Center. For those outside western washington, it's basically a big set of buildings with cool science displays, mostly focused around kids. Saw Transformers 2 in fucking I-MAX. Movie was awesome until about twenty minutes after it was over when I allowed myself to see the massive problems it had. That said, Giant robots fighting on a seven story high screen: worth the price.

Saturday, the actual holiday, I played a nice round of disk golf in one of the better local fields. Nearly lost like three disks (long grass, other players know what I mean) and came in arounde twenty over par but good to get back in the game and playing in the morning means I get the sunlight without too much heat. Ended the day with a grill out and broke in the new audio equipment by getting some long time family stories recorded. Mike worked great which leads into sunday.

Sunday I spent most of the day getting set up for my podcast. I've been planning to do one for months and I now have the equipment, the peoplem, and the website to make a go of it. My signature no longer has the "warning: work in progress" disclaimer it's always had and I couldn't be happier about that.

It was an awesome weekend.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
I played RPGs and watched Rifftrax with Ross. I also created one of the most evil characters so far by an RPPR person. So evil, Ross stole him for a villain.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
I washed my laundry.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:44:53 PM »
I washed my laundry.

About time. I wasn't going to say anything, but dude...
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
The actuall 4th was the day I finally sat down and watched the DVD of Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.  Then I ate homemade ice cream and grilled cheesburgers.  Then I set off about 20 bucks worth of fireworks before the rain hit.  Then I went over to Ross' place and played Do You Worship Cthulhu? with Ross, Patrick, Kiree, and...others.  I forget.  And I was tired.

BTW: http://www.guerrilla-productions.org/Movie_Dreamquest.html
I recommend it.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
The actuall 4th was the day I finally sat down and watched the DVD of Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.  Then I ate homemade ice cream and grilled cheesburgers.  Then I set off about 20 bucks worth of fireworks before the rain hit.  Then I went over to Ross' place and played Do You Worship Cthulhu? with Ross, Patrick, Kiree, and...others.  I forget.  And I was tired.

BTW: http://www.guerrilla-productions.org/Movie_Dreamquest.html
I recommend it.

I do plan to buy that movie.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »
I just watched comedy special after comedy special and relaxed lame but I did not see one fire work the whole weekend or before.
and detroit has one of the largest fireworks setups in the world.
Kenders Rock