Author Topic: Grimtooth's traps  (Read 9009 times)

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
Grimtooth's traps
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2567537/Grimtooths-Traps

Has anyone ever used anything from this beautifully sadistic book or even heard of it.
I've only ever been able to implement any during the odd LARP i.e. the helmet that is lined with poisoned spikes slightly shorter than the padding inside, or the foot sized pit trap with downward pointing spikes lining the walls.

Has anyone here used them in a game before?

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: Grimtooth's traps
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »
God no, I think the traps are funny, but other than for comedic value, I would never ever use those. My players wouldn't take well to opening a door, all dying, then hearing me explain in details the manner in which they die from an intricate trap.

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »
i pretty much stick to spikes and opening (you open the chest/door/zipper and take x amount of damage) traps.  I figure it's easier for me and less annoying for my pcs
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:19:24 PM »
I've used some.  I can only remember a ladder that works fine when you climb down but when you climb up, the rungs pull out half way up and then the ladder bends 90 degrees so you fall back down.

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
I loved that book!

Wooberman, do you have a pdf copy you can send me? It's kind of a hassle to access that online doc.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 05:08:39 PM »
i pretty much stick to spikes and opening (you open the chest/door/zipper and take x amount of damage) traps.  I figure it's easier for me and less annoying for my pcs

As you unhook her bra, a needle springs out and stings your finger. Roll your fortitude.

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 06:19:28 PM »
God no, I think the traps are funny, but other than for comedic value, I would never ever use those. My players wouldn't take well to opening a door, all dying, then hearing me explain in details the manner in which they die from an intricate trap.

Don't worry i haven't actually used any of the fatal traps, just the debilitating or crafty annoying ones. Plus they'd have to be placed by an equally super genius level npc.
Although i did once add during one 3.5 Dnd session the party stumbling into the 'Delvermatic dicer and malingerer trap' after it had been sprung but not reset, leaving most of the party thinking there would be more traps like that on the way and searching for traps a total of 6 times in one room (a personal record) after wading through the remnants of the previous party that happened to spring it.

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
As you unhook her bra, a needle springs out and stings your finger. Roll your fortitude.

Maze knows just how I roll.  I think Ross should use this on Cody;
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.