Author Topic: NEW MOVIES!  (Read 21395 times)

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MOVIES!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:39:47 PM »
I hate people who say "oh well this is a good popcorn movie where you don't have to think and there are explosions and boobs and shit" ...
If you can't make a movie in that league then fuck you and go home. Your shit is weak and isn't worth the price of a ticket.

I do so like it when you hold back on how you really feel...

wrotenbe

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • RAWRF
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:42:59 PM »
Holy fuck, District 9 was amazing.

pwvogt

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Hopeless Gamer
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 09:57:45 PM »
That's really the only feedback I was hoping to get before being able to go see it. Excellent.
The Hopeless Gamer Blog! http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/ - Come check it out!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Paul_Vogt

Staff Writer for Eye of the Vortex - gaming magazine at the center of all things nerdy/interesting! http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »
district 9 on wednesday
Kenders Rock

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
Heres something I stumbled onto whilst looking up crap on machinima.com.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
The Gamer

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »
I hate people who say "oh well this is a good popcorn movie where you don't have to think and there are explosions and boobs and shit" because that excuses goddamn boring action scenes. I can forgive a boring plot. I can forgive boring acting and boring scripts. But if your whole reason for existence is to wow us with your CGI enhanced multi-million dollar action scenes, THEN IT BETTER BE WORTH IT

If you make a 200 million dollar summer action movie, the action scenes better be fucking amazing. I don't want a by the numbers scene that I've seen 50 times before.

I want martial arts fights like the Matrix
I want sword fights like Gladiator or Kill Bill
I want gun fights like the Matrix, Terminator 1 and 2, Hardboiled, Hot Fuzz or Heat.
I want superheroics like the Dark Knight or at least Iron Man
I want giant ass battles like LOTR or Braveheart

If you can't make a movie in that league then fuck you and go home. Your shit is weak and isn't worth the price of a ticket.

You know what I want? Leonard Part SEVEN!!!!!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
Quote from: rayner23
You know what I want? Leonard Part SEVEN!!!!!

QUELISH!

(no I did not have to look that up)
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »
What the fuck is this?:

http://gamerthemovie.com/

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
What the fuck is this?:

http://gamerthemovie.com/

do you remember the sandra bullock thriller 'the net'

remember how that was a piece of shit

think is how hollywood moviefies a new thing

first the internet

now computer gaming

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »
I think there should be an action movie based on texting.

It would star Jason Statham and it would be called "LMAO." When he kills people he starts to laugh so hard he doubles over in pain.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »

It would star Jason Statham and it would be called "LMAO." When he kills people he starts to laugh so hard he doubles over in pain.

It actually should be called D.W.T. (Driving While Texting) and it should take place in Utah. The basic plotline would be Jason Stratham winds up in prison on a setup because he supposedly killed someone with his car while text messaging. While in prison he uncovers a conspiracy between the major cellphone companies and the state of Utah to make the state additional revenue by spamming text messages to people's phones so they will check them while they are driving. Stratham engineers a daring escape plan with his fellow inmates by going old school and using Morse Code messages, which the technocratic guards can't decifer. Stratham then gets revenge on the person that set him up by handcuffing the guy to a chair and duct taping a cellphone to his head for twenty continuous years at which point the man gets brain cancer and dies.

But the movie is really a tragicomedy because Stratham then learns he too has brain cancer (as well as carpel tunnel from tapping Morse Code messages).
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »

It actually should be called D.W.T. (Driving While Texting) and it should take place in Utah. The basic plotline would be Jason Stratham winds up in prison on a setup because he supposedly killed someone with his car while text messaging. While in prison he uncovers a conspiracy between the major cellphone companies and the state of Utah to make the state additional revenue by spamming text messages to people's phones so they will check them while they are driving. Stratham engineers a daring escape plan with his fellow inmates by going old school and using Morse Code messages, which the technocratic guards can't decifer. Stratham then gets revenge on the person that set him up by handcuffing the guy to a chair and duct taping a cellphone to his head for twenty continuous years at which point the man gets brain cancer and dies.

But the movie is really a tragicomedy because Stratham then learns he too has brain cancer (as well as carpel tunnel from tapping Morse Code messages).

Must respond with... "LOL"!!!!
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
The real sad thing is the whole meta thing of it. Jason Statham really does have brain cancer and this stupid movie is the only way the doctor who diagnosed it thought of to tell him the truth.

VilaWolf

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 12:37:20 AM »
Well, there always SUCK...

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Henry Rollins, Dimitri Coats, Alice Cooper, Calico Cooper, Malcolm McDowell, Iggp Pop, Dave Foley and Moby in one place. Oh,  it's about vampires.

+ ------ + ------ +

Also, I would like to add that the screenwriter of the movie BOTCHED w/ Stephen Dorff must have sat in on at least a third of the GURPS games I've played in. It really does feel like I've watched a visual of someone's game, complete with prime examples of PC Logic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:25:12 PM by VilaWolf »