Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 245084 times)

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
So i oringally started listening in on this podcast on lets make a deal with a vampire, but have jusr recently listened to all the prior games at work, and man it was pretty crazy seeing how the characters have grown and changed thus far, and the ever revolving door of guest players that play brighteyes is always amusing.

So far my favorite moment that i've heard of all the episodes was when Locke and...i think it was the warlock BS'ed the minotaur into thinking they followed the same god, then made him skulk off to whip himself.  Talk about being on the same page with some of their simultaneous responses.   I do hope the umberhulk returns, though i cant really see a point where it would come up again.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2010, 03:07:31 PM »
This is Josh the Fire from the newest episode of the New World.

CHECK OUT EPISODE 29!!!

Also, the Eisenhorn's Mansion smells like farts
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:11:34 PM by rayner23 »
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Sexmento...jesus you guys kill me.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
oh the eisenhorn family?

Really, ross?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
:D :D :D

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2010, 04:05:02 AM »
oh the eisenhorn family?

Really, ross?

I think a year ago or so tom too was pissed about that.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2010, 04:46:24 AM »
aww, poor bright eyes. cody why did you want to kill him so bad?

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »

He was going to reveal that I murdered a priest of Pelor, when in actuality, it wasn't me, but Elric. Still, I had no way of proving my innocence, so it was just going to be better if he died.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

B.A. Baracus

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • I need work
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2010, 11:01:39 AM »
i hope this episode leads to tom being less of a dudley do-right motherfucker and doing something lawful good about how evil everyone's become

you have sown the wind, cody
I need work

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »

He was going to reveal that I murdered a priest of Pelor, when in actuality, it wasn't me, but Elric. Still, I had no way of proving my innocence, so it was just going to be better if he died.

but he "revealed" it anyways!

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »

but he "revealed" it anyways!

Exactly - Tom grabbed Bright Eyes before anybody could kill him, so they failed. I'm curious as to see what the hell Tom does with this information. Witch hunt anyone?
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2010, 08:37:21 PM »
Man i was going crazy towards the end of ep 29/30 whichever it actually is, Quietly cheering on Locke and the new guy rj is playing to kill that bloody gnome before one of the nosy prats got to hear what he said.  Curse that damn flying scaly jerk! curse him and his incessant do-gooder ways!
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

KallMeKip

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »
Love the talk about going to see avatar when it comes out and how it will never make back its budget. Over all great ap (aren't they all?)

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »
Love the talk about going to see avatar when it comes out and how it will never make back its budget. Over all great ap (aren't they all?)

Oh how wrong we were . . . .

Unfortunately, they aren't always the best (the Lich episode for instance) but I feel like this episode was excellent. The end of Paragon tier is pretty amazing and we're marching there!

mathey

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »
As much as I hate to be the anonymous jerk on the internet who gives unsolicited DMing advice to Ross, I do have to say one thing: Ross, your 4E combats suck.

I love the character interactions. I love the subplots. I love the breadth and depth of the world you guys have created. Its all gold.

But the combats suck, dude.

Chief problem, as far as I can tell, is that you've fallen into the fallacy that states that Roleplaying and Combat are separated by some sort of force field that keeps them from interacting. This is Thought Crime, especially when it comes to a combat-and-heroics laden game like D&D 4th Edition. You want to create imagery, provide dynamic set pieces, and encourage your players to be just as creative with their Awesome Stunts (or Laughable Failures) as they are with the talkier scenes where they make power plays and try to get virtually laid. Also, your monsters and PCs CAN talk when they're beating on each other. Smack talk and dumb monologues and so on may be hoary cliches, but they're FUN ones and can go a long way to engaging your blabby players.

Now, I'll admit; getting more flavor into your combat can be a bitch when you've got a big group. I also know how Imagination Fatigue can set in after you've all spent hours already trying to be witty, clever, and creative. Sometimes the mechanics can also get in the way - though I think 4E does this less than older versions of D&D did. I also know you guys can do better, though, based on other APs. You have no end of talent and sources of inspiration to draw from. You just need to find a way to keep that invention from disappearing when Initiative rolled and Hit Points are tracked.