Author Topic: D&D Drugs  (Read 34739 times)

Ritz

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: D&D Drugs
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »
this is the greatest thread i've ever seen

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 12:04:03 AM »
Some other DnD drugs I've run across (other than mindmist) are like
Red mind dust from Paul S. Kemp's Shadowstorm trilogy, the girl keeps taking it and gets crazier and crazier, she talks to her shadow and hallucinates a divine entity. Gets you high then you lose your mind.

And another one is like this Traveler's Dust or whatever from Bruce R. Cordell's Plague of Spells. It is my favorite- so anyhow you put this sand in your eye, it is super addictive, and everytime you take it you get enhanced vision- like seeing spell aura's and things. And a brief trip on "the road"  sort of like the path before the gates of hell, and at the end of it (when you take your last pinch of sand) demons come to drag you to hell. So apparently you never know when your next pinch will be your last and it's addictive nature is just supremely kick ass.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
Sic semper nerdanus!
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
420 EVERY DAY

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »
Happy cannabis day.

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »
Kobold Quarterly came out with a nice drug in issue 9.  It is very addictive ( treated like a disease in 4e terms) and lets you commune with the dead.  The article is called "Chasing the Grave" and has detailed history of the drug that can be incorporated into campaigns.  The effects of the drug and the addiction are detailed also.  Really good article and I incorporated it into my campaign quickly.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »
Ye who necros this thread clearly is not one to partake in said smokage to rember where ever the pits of page 2-5 this lay!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »
Ye who necros this thread clearly is not one to partake in said smokage to rember where ever the pits of page 2-5 this lay!

I only remembered this thread because Order66 found the RPPR forums when he searched for D&D drugs on google and clicked on a link to this thread.

So without this thread, we would have never been graced with his presence.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 03:34:18 AM »

I only remembered this thread because Order66 found the RPPR forums when he searched for D&D drugs on google and clicked on a link to this thread.

So without this thread, we would have never been graced with his presence.

And whatever would have done then?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »
Jumping subjects, there are some games with very detailed drug rules. Shadowrun, for example, has lots and lots of awesome drugs. Character creation encourages players to be addicated to one drug or another (you get more build points!) and drugs have awesome effects.

For example, my magician character takes Cram. When using he gets a second Initative Pass, letting him act twice as often as he normally would. And when he's not activally using he brushes his teeth with a wire brush to try and get at the bugs that live between them.

New World of Darkness has lots of drugs but they mostly focus on the negative elements. What kind of fun is that? Though if you use weed you get a +2 on Composure checks, which is nice. So advise to people playing into Ross games: toke up.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:54:50 AM by Tadanori Oyama »

Bowzachi

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 03:54:27 AM »
Book of Vile Darkness supplement has several fictitious drugs with varying costs and effects, and covers rules for addiction and withdrawal as well I think.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
Is the Book of Vile Darkness anything like the book of erotic fantasy.

Cuz I really want to know what sort of demented offspring my half-orc barbarian can make with a pixie.