Author Topic: D&D Drugs  (Read 34408 times)

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
D&D Drugs
« on: September 18, 2009, 12:55:33 AM »
I'm making it a drug pretty much the same as weed. Can anyone give me advice on how to price it? I'm using 3.x ed pricing straight from the book

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: D&D Drugs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:57:59 AM »
I'm making it a drug pretty much the same as weed. Can anyone give me advice on how to price it? I'm using 3.x ed pricing straight from the book

hahahahahaha

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »

smoke healing potions 420

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:59:50 AM »

Dust of Sneezing and Choking

This fine dust appears to be dust of appearance. If cast into the air, it causes those within a 20-foot spread to fall into fits of sneezing and coughing. Those failing a DC 15 Fortitude save take 2d6 points of Constitution damage immediately. In addition, those failing a second DC 15 Fortitude save 1 minute later are dealt 1d6 points of Constitution damage. Those who succeed on either saving throw are nonetheless disabled by choking (treat as stunned) for 5d4 rounds.

But it gets you high as a fucking kite

Faint conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, poison; Price 2,400 gp.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:32 AM »

this is the best thread ever

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 01:03:38 AM »
seriously this is incredible

d20 marijuna google - finds this

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cannaboids_%28D20_Modern_Race%29

It should be noted that Cannaboids are intended for use with the d20 Apocalypse variation of d20 Modern, although with little adaptation they will fit any d20 Campaign.

As the use of gene splicing and augmentation became more and more common, it didn’t take long before college students decided to use it for one of their favorite pastimes...”getting high”.

At some point groups of would be botanists began enhancing various strains of Marijuana, first to increase it’s potency and resilience, then to see if they could make it more self reliant.

In order to attain this self reliance they began experimenting with hybridizing the plants with various animal DNA. After multiple failures they found that Human DNA worked the best, and within a few generations they had the beginnings of the sentient plant they were looking for.

Shortly after this success the Final Wars befell the World, and the plants were left to fend for themselves. Now as generations have passed the plants have evolved into the humanoid form of the Cannaboid. With this evolution they have also gained higher intelligence and formed a society for themselves. A society based on a seclusive contemplative life with little use for technology or the things of the past.

Adult Cannaboids stand between 8 to 15 feet tall, depending on age, often weighing between 300 and 500 pounds. Physically they resemble hulking humanoid forms comprised of plant matter similar to that of highly compressed Marijuana “Buds”. Their eyes are large reddish-black spheres that have no lids of any sort. As well Cannaboids have no mouth or nose whatsoever. Although they may appear to have the latter because of a huge vine-like growth that bisects their faces. They also lack conventual ears of any type. Oddly enough they very closely resemble the comic book Super-Hero, “Man-Thing”, from the late 20th Century. Cannaboids are able to communicate with each other, and other biological sentients, by using a form of natural Telepathy.

Most Cannaboids also have various colorful striations throughout their bodies. These stria range from bright green to yellow, red, or purple.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 01:06:59 AM »
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123288

Yes, weed is so evil that it must be in the book of vile darkness

I thought ability damage recovers naturally. While ability drain does not.

Page 41 of BoVD

You would probably have to introduce a NPC, that deals in the drug trade. Depending on whether substances like these are legal, or widely available, will determine prices,etc.

All usually have a benefit, in addition to the penalty. An example is the equilvelant for marijuana. It does damage to wisdom, while providing a bonus to strength. The mechanics themselves, relying on fort saves for becoming addicted/overcoming an addiction, sets up for physical classes to partake in them.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:09:03 AM »
 8)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:35:17 AM »
That is so bizarre.

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:16:35 AM »
It hurts my brain how much you researched this, Ross.

dragonshaos

• Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 02:35:42 AM »
NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »
Adult Cannaboids stand between 8 to 15 feet tall, depending on age, often weighing between 300 and 500 pounds. Physically they resemble hulking humanoid forms comprised of plant matter similar to that of highly compressed Marijuana “Buds”. Their eyes are large reddish-black spheres that have no lids of any sort. As well Cannaboids have no mouth or nose whatsoever. Although they may appear to have the latter because of a huge vine-like growth that bisects their faces. They also lack conventual ears of any type. Oddly enough they very closely resemble the comic book Super-Hero, “Man-Thing”, from the late 20th Century. Cannaboids are able to communicate with each other, and other biological sentients, by using a form of natural Telepathy.

Most Cannaboids also have various colorful striations throughout their bodies. These stria range from bright green to yellow, red, or purple.

They have vulnerability to fire, but when subjected to fire damage, they release a smoke that acts as a Sanctuary spell, pacifying anyone within a 30 foot radius...

When a cannaboid dies, it's friends and family wrap it up in paper and light its feet, sending it off properly to plant-heaven.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!!!!

You have no idea.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
E Pluribus Nerdum
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

xHero

• Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
    • View Profile
    • Swing And A Miss Forums
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums